Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 4:24 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's a Rare Day When
It's a Rare Day When
you hear me say anything positive about a catholic, but this lady gets it.

[Image: Slide1_3.jpg?1438256709]
RE: It's a Rare Day When
They've got to win once in awhile. Sounds like a very intelligent person.
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
I'm sure they'll run her ass out of the church.
Well, she's a she, so her words aren't worth anything to the Catholic church anyway.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
The truly tragic thing is that we learned long ago how to reduce the abortion rate to nearly zero. Accurate and honest sex education required for every child, offered in the context of a society that values tolerance, personal liberty, and personal responsibility. Add universal health care and access to birth control, and the incidents of teen pregnancy, SIDs, and abortions all fall dramatically.

“Pro-life” people don't care about abortion. What they care about is dictating to people, particularly young women, what kind of sex they are allowed to have and, conversely, what kind of lives they are allowed to lead. They are also anti-family planning which, in a world already burdened with more than 7 billion people, is nearly unfathomable. There is nothing “pro” about pro-life ideology.
Essentially correct.  Perhaps this article goes into it a bit deeper.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/07/why-are-...-theories/

Quote:Six reasons why white male conservatives want to control the reproductive lives of poor brown women
She's saying what I've said for years.

Good for her.
Dying to live, living to die.
How did the Mighty Carlin put it?  'If you're pre-born, you're fine.  If you're pre-school, you're fucked.'

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
You can always count on Carlin to have some words of wisdom.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(July 30, 2015 at 2:53 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I'm sure they'll run her ass out of the church.

Don't think so. The Catholic church is less about warrior and capitalist jeez and actually tows the feed the poor line. Their flaws lie in different fields. Sometimes they overlap with the evangelical shitheads, but usually they don't.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "intellectual"Ben cukpiro:Congresspeople Being ‘Bought & Paid For’ Is ‘Pretty Rare’ Cepheus Ace 0 203 February 15, 2019 at 2:57 am
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  A rare accurate statement from Romney! Tiberius 13 4189 April 24, 2012 at 11:29 pm
Last Post: Creed of Heresy