Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:22 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Damn Guilty Pleasures
Damn Guilty Pleasures
I'm a gigging musician.  I've done multiple tours in my lifetime.  I don't do pop music ...

And yet ...

Damnit, I like this fucking song.  I can't stop listening to it, singing it, dancin to it.  It's my guilty pleasure for sure.

Yeah, pop music sucks, but this one ... well ... doesn't. 

DAMNIT!  I hate myself for liking this damn song so much.

post your guilty pleasure / don't post your guilty pleasure, I don't care.
[Image: Evolution.png]

RE: Damn Guilty Pleasures
Heh, heh. That video's pretty bad. The guy's voice is pleasant enough and that sort of melody (doo-wop, I guess?) can easily get stuck in someone's head.
If it makes you feel any better, I couldn't find my remote a few months ago and ended up watching a marathon of Reba
on TV Land. Now I find myself watching it when the remote is right beside me-- I'm really feeling that show now. No ones knows this but me.
I like Reba! Haha It's not a half bad show. They get some solid jokes in there.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
Pentatonix. The a capella group. They are so fucking good. But they specialize in pop covers, so their music is a lot of that.

This has zero fucking instruments:
https://youtu.be/3MteSlpxCpo
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Sorry for Necroposting-

This thread needs more love though.

Ha!! This is so terrible, I love it!

The Hoff at his Hoffiest.

[Image: dc52deee8e6b07186c04ff66a45fd204.jpg]
Guilty pleasures in general? Well, food seems to be one. It seems like anything I eat seems to bring out the worst in my figure. But, as a human, I need to eat.

Also, Big Brother. People hate BB, and reality TV. To me, Reality TV is just a genre, and like other genres, you can do tons of things with it. Not all of them are going to be good. Survivor's been a bit lacking, but I'm excited or it again.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Really guilty pleasure.

Portlandia.
[Image: dc52deee8e6b07186c04ff66a45fd204.jpg]
What goes around comes around.

If I am ever in a position to influence the success or failure of some project or hope or goal of someone, that someone had better have realized from the moment they first impinged upon my awareness I have a VERY long memory in regards to slights, rudeness, or out right causing me a problem for no good reason at all.

LOL, a very few perceptive people have noted in myself a trait of looking at some other people as though they are rats in a maze performing for my base amusement. I rarely drop a peanut in the maze, not nearly as often as I drop in a chunk of rat bait.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Love my rock and metal but I have a secret! A fetish! I'm obsessed with this bloody song!
I had to hide it out of shame (and in case my mates see this!)

No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Damn you iTunes ! BrokenQuill92 0 509 December 29, 2013 at 7:35 pm
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  Damn it! Who told them?! Dotard 45 10873 January 18, 2010 at 3:15 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  2 (late, damn, but who cares?) Christmas sketches by Mitchell And Webb Edwardo Piet 5 2513 December 31, 2008 at 9:12 pm
Last Post: Dotard