Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 10:12 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transgender "discrimination"
Transgender "discrimination"
OK, so I watched the 4 corners program on Transgender sex workers in Australia. And seriously I must say, the people in that episode don't deserve any sympathy for being "discriminated against" when they clearly bring it upon themselves. You want to proposition people in the streets - which I find distasteful and is illegal everywhere in Australia except in NSW - and then behave aggressively towards potential clients who aren't interested in hooking up with a tranny - you are then in no position to claim they discriminated against you since your behaviour will result in people treating you the same way you treat them, and it paints a picture for the rest of the transsexual community that don't behave that way. The extreme vanity, the obsessiveness over how they look (one of them admitted to having numerous facial surgeries) as well as the selfishness and the entitlement world view these people have, and their extravagant lifestyles all tell a story that is not "oh we can't find regular work" (as was claimed in the program) but exactly as one of the prostitutes put it "I couldn't live off a regular wage". She sends her family (in the Philippines) $5,000 a month - that's $60,000 a year - in a country that has an average wage of around $72,000 a year .. before tax! The average income in this country after tax is about $43,000 a year. And I might add the cost of living here is many times greater than it is in the Philippines - why would a family in the Philippines need $60,000 a year?

Then you have to consider the lifestyles - from rent in the prime locations in Sydney - to their beauty products - their methamphetamine (ice) habits - their facial and body surgeries - it just is not normal.

And then to play the victim - I find that most distasteful. "Oh my clients got me onto ice" - whatever. These are people that seek attention and love having the spotlight on themselves, as is plainly obvious when they go out to the clubs (in the program).

All in all what was this program trying to? Really discuss the plight of transgender people? Or simply expose the average lives of sex workers in this country? I think they did the latter and their program had little to nothing to do with genuine transgender issues.
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
RE: Transgender "discrimination"
(August 5, 2015 at 4:54 am)Aractus Wrote: OI think they did the latter and their program had little to nothing to do with genuine transgender issues.

Clearly.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transgender and prison? ignoramus 4 276 March 31, 2019 at 11:46 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Discrimination case? hobie 10 2127 June 22, 2014 at 12:29 am
Last Post: hobie