Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 7:17 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
They Finally Got It Right....Because of a Bigot.
They Finally Got It Right....Because of a Bigot.
http://www.rawstory.com/2015/08/nc-count...hat-to-do/

NC county commissioner storms out of meeting during Muslim prayer: ‘I don’t need no Arab telling me what to do'

Quote:The Lincoln County Board of Commissioners had always opened government meetings with Christian prayer. About two months ago, officials decided that in order to avoid legal trouble, they’d have to let everyone participate.

That didn’t last long.

But then....

Quote:By the end of the meeting, all prayer was banned at board meetings and will be replaced with a moment of silence. Commissioner Alex Patton initiated the motion which was easily voted into effect.

Good.  This country needs fewer fucking prayers and a lot more hard work.  Praying to any fuckhead of a god won't accomplish shit.
RE: They Finally Got It Right....Because of a Bigot.
NC has a ton of bigots you cant expect much from the south they are ass backwards.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
Quote:I don’t believe we need to be bowing to the minorities,” Mitchem had told WBTV. “The U.S. and the Constitution were founded on Christianity. This is what the majority of people believe in, and it’s what I’m standing up for.”

"Fuckin' A. I ain't prayin' to no smelly, brown god."
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
This is why the ACLU doesn't like to take atheist clients. It's so much more effective when a religious person rises up against another in a church-state issue. It makes the hypocrisy stand out like a sore thumb. It effectively demonstrates why church-state separation is so important - to EVERYBODY.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
(August 5, 2015 at 12:59 pm)Faith No More Wrote:
Quote:I don’t believe we need to be bowing to the minorities,” Mitchem had told WBTV. “The U.S. and the Constitution were founded on Christianity. This is what the majority of people believe in, and it’s what I’m standing up for.”

"Fuckin' A.  I ain't prayin' to no smelly, brown god."

It's funny that if jesus had actually existed, that's exactly what he'd be, and that's what everyone would have been imagining jesus's daddy to be as well.

I think the moment of silence is good, so people don't have hissy fits over which invisible god is the correct one, instead of focusing on the real issues at hand.

I, also, am wondering which part of the constitution says that we founded this nation under jeebus cryst, white savior of the world.
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' -Isaac Asimov-
The fucking irony of it all the christian god and jesus isn't white they are brown what the fuck did they expect
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(August 5, 2015 at 12:59 pm)Faith No More Wrote:

"Fuckin' A.  I ain't prayin' to no smelly, brown god."

Hey !!

Show a little respect to Anusius !!!
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

As someone from NC, I should have heard this story but I hadn't

Quote:Previously, Mitchem had vowed to keep Christian-only prayers at the meetings.

“I don’t believe we need to be bowing to the minorities,” Mitchem had told WBTV. “The U.S. and the Constitution were founded on Christianity. This is what the majority of people believe in, and it’s what I’m standing up for.”

Apparently, he thinks he is being brave and standing up for his faith by discriminating against other religions' right to pray at the council meetings. At least his stupid tantrum, walking out of the meeting, ended up getting religious prayer banned from the meeting. The south will openly embrace secularism if they have to allow other religions equal rights.
(August 5, 2015 at 1:57 pm)dyresand Wrote: The fucking irony of it all the christian god and jesus isn't white they are brown what the fuck did they expect
Well, actually if Jesus was a normal Jew then he was white-skinned.  Jews and Arabs are classified as white people.  Mohammed was described as being a white guy.  The only description of Jesus in Revelation 1:12-16 and he's one weirdo.  http://www.thebricktestament.com/revelat...13p16.html

Even Superman was white and he came from across the galaxy.  Imagine how he would have gone over as a black guy with superpowers.  Everyone would have been throwing green kryponite at him.
(August 5, 2015 at 12:11 pm)Minimalist Wrote: http://www.rawstory.com/2015/08/nc-count...hat-to-do/

NC county commissioner storms out of meeting during Muslim prayer: ‘I don’t need no Arab telling me what to do'

Quote:The Lincoln County Board of Commissioners had always opened government meetings with Christian prayer. About two months ago, officials decided that in order to avoid legal trouble, they’d have to let everyone participate.

That didn’t last long.

But then....

Quote:By the end of the meeting, all prayer was banned at board meetings and will be replaced with a moment of silence. Commissioner Alex Patton initiated the motion which was easily voted into effect.

Good.  This country needs fewer fucking prayers and a lot more hard work.  Praying to any fuckhead of a god won't accomplish shit.

He looks like he's the grand dragon.  The dummies should do their worthless praying in closets.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SCIENCE FINALLY PROVES.... ronedee 149 7232 September 29, 2023 at 5:53 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  Have you got some kind of Christian backgound? Dundee 25 3495 April 15, 2020 at 9:21 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Consecrated virgins: 'I got married to Christ' zebo-the-fat 11 1983 December 7, 2018 at 7:03 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Perhaps African Americans Are Finally Catching On Minimalist 81 11982 October 20, 2018 at 5:48 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  I don't believe in Christianity primarily because of the brain SerenelyBlue 111 12551 September 20, 2016 at 12:30 am
Last Post: Cecelia
  Christianity Can't Be True Because... pipw1995 75 11435 August 31, 2016 at 1:18 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  If they found Jesus' turd what would they do with it? Fake Messiah 64 6968 August 26, 2016 at 4:40 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Nimrod has finally returned (video) JesusIsGod7 9 1792 February 3, 2016 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: brewer
Photo Christian Memes/Pics Because Reasons -- Please add your favorites stop_pushing_me 29 13683 September 23, 2015 at 9:53 pm
Last Post: Homeless Nutter
  WHY do we have religion? Because fables are FUN. drfuzzy 5 1671 September 1, 2015 at 12:19 pm
Last Post: dyresand