Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 11:51 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suicide
Suicide
I'm not going to Hell because there isn't one. I feel the world has become such a mess that it's not worth living in anymore. I don't see a purpose. I've alienated my family and friends. Perhaps they'd all be better off with me gone. They certainly won't be worse off.
RE: Suicide
Do what you need to do.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Jesus, another one?!?!

It is excruciating to see people not able to garner even the least bit of joy in life.

Shinagami, please, please, please, talk to someone. If you want to PM me, even if it's just to unload, I am available.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
How can I when I read every single day about looming disaster? I've tried to do what I can but it's no use.
Then stop trying and stop whining that you do not have the guts to do it.
~ Erin Hunter
On my birthday in 2007, I was on the verge of taking my own life. After 4 hours of considering, I aborted it, because there was too much danger of survving an attempt, and thus winding up disabled in a way I could never prepare for. Think about that. And talk with someone.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Kitan seems to think I should. I think he's right.
What looming disaster?

But, really, realize that the 'news' is just another form of entertainment designed to push advertising down your throat. Sensationalistic bullshit sells. Also, look up Mean World Syndrome (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mean_world_syndrome).
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"
Quote:What looming disaster?

The Trump campaign.
(August 9, 2015 at 12:25 am)Shinagami Wrote: Kitan seems to think I should. I think he's right.

My reference to "stop trying" means in your mind that you should do it?
~ Erin Hunter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My not-so-fatal Suicide. Goosebump 7 834 July 28, 2021 at 10:50 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Suicide among Christians purplepurpose 6 358 May 29, 2021 at 5:52 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  assisted suicide vs suicide prevention Catholic_Lady 130 16230 June 18, 2018 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Do you have the courage to commit suicide in case if terminal disease? Macoleco 62 9466 April 18, 2018 at 8:08 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Does it take courage or cowardice to commit suicide? ErGingerbreadMandude 35 5135 November 30, 2017 at 8:59 am
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  When your significant other threatens suicide Tangra 6 1210 December 14, 2016 at 10:42 am
Last Post: Longhorn
  GOP Political suicide and you dyresand 14 2610 June 30, 2015 at 12:32 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Is suicide wrong? Angrboda 91 13454 June 7, 2014 at 8:39 pm
Last Post: Violet
  Pakistani Teenager dies preventing suicide bomber from attacking his school Fidel_Castronaut 21 5478 January 12, 2014 at 5:29 pm
Last Post: Chas
  Gonna commit suicide. Your theories of where I go. Opsnyder 73 25072 June 30, 2012 at 11:53 pm
Last Post: Reforged