Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 1:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New video. Just a bit sarcastic. ;)
New video. Just a bit sarcastic. ;)
New video. Just a bit sarcastic. Wink

{snip}

Moderator Notice
Please read the rules. No posting of outside links until you've been a member for thirty days and contributed thirty posts.
RE: New video. Just a bit sarcastic. ;)
I like the "Buddy Christ" at the end.

Suggest you read the rules for AF.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(August 11, 2015 at 8:01 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: I like the "Buddy Christ" at the end.

Oh?

Was there something in there about posting a video?
Did I do something wrong?

Sad
That's a weird rule, why only old members can post vids?
Not weird at all. It's to keep away spammers. No links as long as you haven't shown to be an active member, participating in actual discussions. And there are exemptions if some link actually contributes to the discussion. Simply posting a vid without any explanation doesn't cut it however.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(August 11, 2015 at 8:07 pm)smsavage32 Wrote:
(August 11, 2015 at 8:01 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: I like the "Buddy Christ" at the end.

Oh?

Was there something in there about posting a video?

Sad
I thought You-tube videos were okay as long as they are relevant in the first 30 days/30 posts. The rules were updated though, so it would be best to check.

PS- Thanks for the vid. It all makes sense now!
(August 11, 2015 at 8:13 pm)vixene Wrote: That's a weird rule, why only old members can post vids?

It's not really old members, just people who are obviously not here to spam or promote stuff. If being here for 30 days makes you old then some of us must be ancient  Tongue
(August 11, 2015 at 8:22 pm)Napoléon Wrote:
(August 11, 2015 at 8:13 pm)vixene Wrote: That's a weird rule, why only old members can post vids?

It's not really old members, just people who are obviously not here to spam or promote stuff. If being here for 30 days makes you old then some of us must be ancient  [emoji14]
Well I'm savouring the time I have till I become ancient [emoji18]

I'm fairly sure I did post a bunch of external links way before my 30 days was up. But I did have around 100 or so post to my name by then and the links were clearly related to the topic of the threads I was posting them on. No one seemed to mind.

In other words - the mods here are not fanatical about enforcing the rules to the letter, but people who begin their presence on the forum by starting a thread with videos/website links tend to be  "shit n' runners", and/or spammers trying to generate traffic for their businesses. That's why the 30/30 rule is in place - so people, who are not interested in the forum itself can be swiftly removed, if they continue to push their agendas, ignoring warnings..
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
(August 11, 2015 at 8:07 pm)smsavage32 Wrote: Was there something in there about posting a video?

Sad

Spend some time here. Let us get to know you and I can guarantee many of us will want to see your video.
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I have made a new YouTube video about afterlife... FlatAssembler 32 2190 July 12, 2022 at 2:35 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  [Not Even A Little Bit Serious] Why AREN'T You An Atheist? BrianSoddingBoru4 28 3397 December 28, 2019 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Atheist Sarcastic Video OneAngryGuy 5 967 June 7, 2018 at 1:25 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Just a bit of advice please MattyVigilante 17 2515 March 1, 2018 at 4:09 am
Last Post: SaStrike
  I feel a bit relieved. Little Rik 238 23827 July 5, 2016 at 1:17 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  New Darkmatter video: If god answered prayers robvalue 0 888 January 25, 2016 at 9:50 am
Last Post: robvalue
  A little bit of a personal crisis SilentVex 48 8637 July 27, 2014 at 3:53 pm
Last Post: Mr Greene
  Need a bit of help on an essay. . . Aegrus 8 3635 December 4, 2012 at 1:33 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Feeling a bit atheistish these days DeistPaladin 24 7695 December 13, 2011 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: Norfolk And Chance