Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 2:36 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dirty toilet water
Dirty toilet water
There seems to be an idea that toilet water is typically dirty. I was reminded of this by an ad about "life's bleachable moments", where a kid was mopping the floor with water out of the toilet. This idea implies that people generally don't keep their toilets clean, because the water running through your toilet is the same as the water running through your sink. Unless you haven't been keeping the bowl clean, it's as clean as faucet water.

Are people in general really just lazy about cleaning toilets?
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

RE: Dirty toilet water
(August 15, 2015 at 11:27 pm)Chad32 Wrote: There seems to be an idea that toilet water is typically dirty. I was reminded of this by an ad about "life's bleachable moments", where a kid was mopping the floor with water out of the toilet. This idea implies that people generally don't keep their toilets clean, because the water running through your toilet is the same as the water running through your sink. Unless you haven't been keeping the bowl clean, it's as clean as faucet water.

Are people in general really just lazy about cleaning toilets?

I don't think it's as much about laziness about cleaning as it is about being raised that the toilet is nasty.

Dogs are usually told by their owners that they're bad for drinking out of the toilet. I've never understood this. If the dog's drinking from the toilet, that's a clue that the water in his bowl is either gone or just not very nice any longer. He's drinking the freshest water available to him in the house.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
As for how clean the toilet is, keep in mind the waste channel running from the bowl to the sewer is typically not scrubbed when the toilet is cleaned, and would contain septic residue from literally all past users.

Blech!!

To properly clean a toilet it would need to be removed from the floor flange and boiled. I'm thinking most people don't bother . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

If the water out of your tap is potable, so is the water in the bowl of your toilet. However, this water is ONLY potable between the time the toilet is thoroughly cleaned and the next time someone uses it.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(August 15, 2015 at 11:36 pm)SnakeOilWarrior Wrote: Dogs are usually told by their owners that they're bad for drinking out of the toilet. I've never understood this. If the dog's drinking from the toilet, that's a clue that the water in his bowl is either gone or just not very nice any longer. He's drinking the freshest water available to him in the house.

Dogs drink and eat all kinds of stuff. It's in their nature and their organism is built to sustain stuff that either would make us sick or outright kill us. As you say, it should tell us something when the dog makes a beeline for the toilet.

But clean up as you will. You won't get all the bacteria left by numerous number twos hitting the bowl. And drinking a turd cocktail isn't a recipe for a healthy life.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Threads like these make me want to wash my hands with bleach ._.
(August 16, 2015 at 6:09 am)Neimenovic Wrote: Threads like these make me want to wash my hands with bleach ._.

One of life's bleachable moments, brought to you by AF.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(August 15, 2015 at 11:27 pm)Chad32 Wrote: This idea implies that people generally don't keep their toilets clean, because the water running through your toilet is the same as the water running through your sink. Unless you haven't been keeping the bowl clean, it's as clean as faucet water.

Damn straight it's clean.

[Image: cSi1k.gif]
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
Erm, do you have an idea how clean how deep down you would have to keep your toilet for the germ count to be acceptable?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

All the way to the sewer pipe, and then you would have to DISCONNECT the sewer pipe oor it would be immediately contaminated again.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Toilet paper Foxaèr 15 1007 April 12, 2023 at 8:08 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Cutting Water Bottles Out of Our Lives Shell B 61 10131 January 28, 2018 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Have you ever eaten cereal with water before? Virus 19 1523 December 7, 2017 at 3:55 am
Last Post: emjay
  Woke up this morning to no water pressure. Brian37 18 2698 August 9, 2017 at 4:13 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Work From Home Water Cooler Thread Shell B 43 4447 July 24, 2017 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  looking at toilet paper after wiping Catholic_Lady 175 37938 June 5, 2017 at 1:37 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Self Wipe Toilet Tissue Aid KUSA 112 32984 May 13, 2017 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Holey water. Gawdzilla Sama 9 2538 May 7, 2017 at 3:38 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Dirty Laundry MTL 30 3536 August 3, 2015 at 12:10 am
Last Post: MTL
  Public Toilet Strategies Catholic_Lady 75 9876 July 10, 2015 at 11:54 am
Last Post: rado84