Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:22 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread of awkwardness
Thread of awkwardness
Soo....ummm.....we did want this. Right? 

Not really sure what to say to explain this. I just dove on in. Dived? I dunno. 

Join in if you want. What weird missteps have you committed today?

*runs away*
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
RE: Thread of awkwardness
Awkward silences with my Mum's "friend" (read:new boyfriend) it's far too soon since my Dad died for me to want around.

That's about it, I haven't left the house today so I've been spared too many awks moments.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

(August 31, 2015 at 8:03 pm)c172 Wrote: .... What weird missteps have you committed today?

I clicked on this thread.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
"Awkward" is a funny word because it has two "W"s astride a "K".

I had one of these today:
Friend: "How's it going, man?"
Me: "Nothing much. I mean, good. Shit."

Hate that sitch.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Yup. Been there. Done that.

I feel so cliched with that response. Sorry.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Well, this thread is off to an excellent start!
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
Oh man, this is the thread I never knew I wanted. I expect to become a regular contributor, starting soon Tongue
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
I don't know if this counts as awkward because I have no shame around some people (including yous guys), but...

Needed to take a smash, so as I pulled into the Streetsboro plant, I drove straight to the mobile shitter. First thing I noticed was that it hadn't been serviced in a while, which is something to notice since these things are usually pristine. I get done with my smash and grab thin air where toilet paper should be...

Nothing to do but pull up my britches and get on with it. My buddy JD is vaping outside the lab, so I chat him up while sort of making sure not to get a wedgy by just straight up picking at it preemptively. I'm also hoping he doesn't know what I'm going through, but every time I picked a wedge I think I see him smirk a little.

We talk for another 30 minutes and at the end I say fuck it and warn him- "By the way you're out of toilet paper." He laughs, telling me he knew. So that whole time I was picking my wedge, he was holding back laughter.

But like I said, I wasn't really all that embarrassed.

It was a long ass prickly day though. Didn't get home untill 9pm to take care of the problem.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
I'd like to dedicate that last story to all you fine ass Catholic_Ladies out there.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Link us to your intro thread, first post and/or first thread Whateverist 35 4138 October 21, 2018 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Mystic