Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 12:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intelligence test
Intelligence test
Something I cooked up to test your logical thinking skills. Ask any question you feel you need to pertaining to the question.

Two brothers walk up to you.

Man 1 says "One of us tells lies"

Man 2 says "And one of us tells the truth".

Man one states an undeniable fact.

Which one lies, and which one tells the truth?

Determine all of what you know, don't think one has to tell lies and one has to tell the truth.
RE: Intelligence test
You cooked up, and? If it's and butts were candy and nuts. Get it to a lab, test it and falsify it with control groups, get your findings peer reviewed, then get them published on an accredited scientific journal, then get back to us.

Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Three logicians come to a bar. The bartender asks - you guys all want a drink? Says the first one "I dunno" and shrugs, says the second one "I dunno", says the third one "Yes we do!"
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(September 8, 2015 at 8:59 pm)Faith No More Wrote:

Okay, so you get the general idea. But that isn't the right answer.

(September 8, 2015 at 8:56 pm)Brian37 Wrote: You cooked up, and? If it's and butts were candy and nuts. Get it to a lab, test it and falsify it with control groups, get your findings peer reviewed, then get them published on an accredited scientific journal, then get back to us.

I don't understand your meaning. I don't want the question answered for my own gain, the fun is in having other people answer the question.
They're both liars.

Next question.
Head. hurt.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
It doesn't even mention how often they tell lies or truths. A reasonable answer would be that they both lie in some circumstances and both tell the truth in other circumstances, like humans. Throw 'only' in there and then we'd have something. As is, might as well say:

Man 1: One of us tells lies.

Man 2: And one of us enjoys crab legs.

Maybe you're going for some sort of "truth doesn't have anything to do with facts" angle.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
Waiting for god proof.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(September 8, 2015 at 9:06 pm)Knight000 Wrote:
(September 8, 2015 at 8:59 pm)Faith No More Wrote:

Okay, so you get the general idea. But that isn't the right answer.

(September 8, 2015 at 8:56 pm)Brian37 Wrote: You cooked up, and? If it's and butts were candy and nuts. Get it to a lab, test it and falsify it with control groups, get your findings peer reviewed, then get them published on an accredited scientific journal, then get back to us.

I don't understand your meaning. I don't want the question answered for my own gain, the fun is in having other people answer the question.

It would be "fun" if humans would stop mistaking fantasies and mental masterbation as fact.

How about you cut the crap, and consider it is all in your head, and you merely like the idea of a sky hero? I love how newbies waltz in here thinking it is our first rodeo.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Machine Intelligence and Human Ethics BrianSoddingBoru4 24 1860 May 28, 2019 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Logic Fallacies: A Quiz to Test Your Knowledge, A Cheat Sheet to Refresh It Rhondazvous 0 988 March 6, 2017 at 6:48 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Pinocchio syndrome , the turing test fdesilva 21 3932 August 19, 2016 at 10:49 pm
Last Post: fdesilva
  If a supernatural intelligence did create the universe..... maestroanth 12 2061 April 20, 2016 at 8:36 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  What is the best theory for what intelligence is? DespondentFishdeathMasochismo 30 5639 December 7, 2015 at 10:10 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Test my belief system robvalue 84 12299 September 8, 2015 at 10:41 am
Last Post: Sappho
  Political Compass test Regina 18 4858 March 18, 2015 at 5:27 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  The pursuit of pleasure vs the pursuit of intelligence MattMVS7 11 2691 October 8, 2014 at 6:04 am
Last Post: Violet
  “Intelligence,” OUT OF NOTHINGNESS! Harris 150 32218 August 5, 2014 at 3:48 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Does it make sense to speak of "Universal Consciousness" or "Universal Intelligence"? Mudhammam 253 41756 June 8, 2014 at 12:04 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam