Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 9:35 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interruptions
Interruptions
I have a question for the atheists that have had religious discussions face to face (not on a forum) with religious people:

How do you stop them from interrupting you? Just yesterday I was having a discussion, with some christian guy, about the difference between atheist an agnostic. Every time I was in the middle of a sentence, he would interrupt me and start a tangent. It was really frustrating, but I felt that I couldn't confront him, because I thought it would be rude.

So, what should I do next time?

Thanks!
RE: Interruptions
Punch him in the face and ask him where his God is now.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
If they are interrupting (even after pointing it out) and always talking it is not a discussion but a monologue. Walk away. Not worth your time.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I don't talk about religion in real life, except to mumble excuses for not being a good practicing catlick
(September 10, 2015 at 10:27 am)Neimenovic Wrote: I don't talk about religion in real life, except to mumble excuses for not being a good practicing catlick

I almost never do, except when I go to churches.
(September 10, 2015 at 10:34 am)Shuffle Wrote:
(September 10, 2015 at 10:27 am)Neimenovic Wrote: I don't talk about religion in real life, except to mumble excuses for not being a good practicing catlick

I almost never do, except when I go to churches.

Well, that's your problem right there.  Where do you think you should stop going, then?
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
Uhhh....That Indian place downtown?? Huh
(September 10, 2015 at 10:12 am)Iroscato Wrote: Punch him in the face and ask him where his God is now.

I literally had this exact thought when reading the OP.

High five.
Quote:because I thought it would be rude.

Be rude right back.  That's what that jesus-loving fuckhead was doing.  You cannot give them any respect at all.  The fuckers interpret that as weakness.
(September 10, 2015 at 10:45 am)TRJF Wrote:
(September 10, 2015 at 10:34 am)Shuffle Wrote: I almost never do, except when I go to churches.

Well, that's your problem right there.  Where do you think you should stop going, then?

I enjoy it, though.