Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 3:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello!
Hello!
I'm new on this site!

I guess I should just say a bit about myself. I am a 20 year old atheist living in a red state. I think I've been atheist all of my life, or at least for most of it. I think I bought into some of the religious stuff when I was little, but I can remember asking questions... I don't recall my questions ever being properly answered.
I'm the only atheist in my family that I know about, which kinda sucks for me. I don't really enjoy being surrounded by religious conservatives all the time, which is one reason why I decided to come here.

I honestly can't think of much else to say about myself at the moment. If you want to know anything, just ask! I won't bite, I promise.
RE: Hello!
Hello DBD! Welcome
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
(September 16, 2015 at 10:18 am)DeathByDespair Wrote: I'm new on this site!

I guess I should just say a bit about myself. I am a 20 year old atheist living in a red state. I think I've been atheist all of my life, or at least for most of it. I think I bought into some of the religious stuff when I was little, but I can remember asking questions... I don't recall my questions ever being properly answered.
I'm the only atheist in my family that I know about, which kinda sucks for me. I don't really enjoy being surrounded by religious conservatives all the time, which is one reason why I decided to come here.

I honestly can't think of much else to say about myself at the moment. If you want to know anything, just ask! I won't bite, I promise.

Welcome!

There are several people here in situations similar to what you've described yours as being.

I am an Agnostic from a Baptist family, for example.

I hope you enjoy this Forum and find like-minded company!  Smile
Thanks! I can't wait to actually have conversations with like-minded individuals!
Welcome aboard. 

Which red state?  Some are worse than others.
Welcome

While it's nice to meet many atheists at once, and it is, there are a number of Christians, a few Muslims and Jews hanging around.  It's kinda fun to watch them deal with being in the minority.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
(September 16, 2015 at 10:41 am)Minimalist Wrote: Welcome aboard. 

Indiana
(September 16, 2015 at 10:18 am)DeathByDespair Wrote: I'm new on this site!

Welcome DBD!  It's ok if you bite, there are some here who bite hard (both atheist and theist) and others still who like biting  Tongue

Looking forward to some good discussions!
We are not made happy by what we acquire but by what we appreciate.
(September 16, 2015 at 10:42 am)DeathByDespair Wrote:
(September 16, 2015 at 10:41 am)Minimalist Wrote: Welcome aboard. 

Indiana

Hey there neighbor :Smile I'm in Michigan
We are not made happy by what we acquire but by what we appreciate.
I can bite if I get ticked off, but I'd like to think of myself as being a patient person Tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Hello Hello loush 17 5990 December 13, 2010 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: theophilus
  Hello hello! DgyJff 8 3647 August 30, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: RachelSkates