Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:10 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are you lousy at?
What are you lousy at?
It's pretty common on the internet to play to our strengths - everyone likes accolades and admiration.  But what are the things at which you stink, or at least the things at which you wish you were better?

For myself, I'm an awful chess player.  I know the moves, the theories behind the game, I've even had good chess players try to coach me.  I fancy myself a pretty bright fella, but this is one thing I just can't seem to get the hang of.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
RE: What are you lousy at?
I'm lousy at accounting and everything associated with it. I'm not troubled in the least by it, and it has kept me from being a club officer many times, Praise Jesus !!

I'm really lousy at picking up on non verbal and visual cues from women. I hope I haven't PO'd too many women with that, it's not deliberate. I wasn't even aware of the issue till a few years ago, so there would be quite a few of the fairer sex out there that have wondered if they were suddenly cursed with invisibility.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Tending to other people. If I'm on a job, I like to kind of go on autopilot. Like mowing the grass, doing dishes, working at a factory. Following someone around, and being their helper is not something I'm good at, which is why my dad always gets angry with me despite wanting me to help him do manual labor. Either because I'm cheaper, and will put up with his shit, or because he's trying to teach me stuff he thinks will help me in life.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Math. Me and math aren't friends
Suffering fools gladly.  I really suck at it.
Snapping my fingers, weirdly enough.

Also, judging distances and heights. I'm completely terrible at that.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
Talking about myself when the format is "Talk about yourself." Talking at all when I meet someone new. Waking up. Life.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
I can't whistle and apparently that is common amongst the Gay
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I can't hula-hoop to save my life.

I have to consciously think about which is left and right (I was the only left-handed kid in my kindergarten class, so my teacher would say, "the right hand is the one you WRITE with" as a pneumonic to help us remember left and right, but it just fucked me up, haha).

I am horrible at estimating distance and time.

Being productive when I'm supposed to be productive. I tend to spend most of the "work day" bouncing around on the internet, reading, or playing a game, then do all my work later in the evening.

No matter how hard I try, I have never successfully licked my own elbow. I can lick other people's elbows, but my own remains unlicked. I must go through life never knowing what my elbow tastes like :'(

I hate small talk and don't feel like I fake it very well, so unless it's a professional setting and I'm forced to, I usually open up conversations with things like "Did you know the circumference of the moon is about the same as driving from L.A. to New York and back?" or "How different do you think sex feels for a guy with and without a condom on?" or "What are your feelings on [political/social issue]?"
What are you lousy at?
Finding fault in myself.