Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 7:12 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Obsession with Discussing the Supposed Rudeness of Atheists
The Obsession with Discussing the Supposed Rudeness of Atheists
What the hell is still going on for 74 pages in this thread: The Atheist Obsession with Insulting Christians 1 2 3 4 ... 74 )?  

I am so tired of seeing this thread pop up under Today's or My Posts.  So just in case anyone else would like to approach it the other way around, here you go.

Now are atheists never rude?  Of course not.  Atheists are a cross section of everybody.  You know, the ones who don't happen to believe in any gods.  As for describing atheists then, you can pretty much find what you're looking for.  Maybe the author of that other thread just has insult-seeing eyes.  He certainly is motivated to stereotype atheists, a task that is hard if you're paying attention but all too easy for that guy.

"Atheists are _________."  I guarantee you can find examples of atheists who will help you make that case .. no matter how you fill in the blank.
RE: The Obsession with Discussing the Supposed Rudeness of Atheists
Ah, fuck theists.
Stereotyping or generalizing people is always bad. People are individuals and may choose to label themselves under certain banners, but that in no way gives anyone the right to assume what they believe or how they behave without getting to know them personally.
We are not made happy by what we acquire but by what we appreciate.
I say thank you when someone "blesses" me when I've sneezed.
[Image: dc52deee8e6b07186c04ff66a45fd204.jpg]
(September 30, 2015 at 12:14 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Ah, fuck theists.

Oh I intend to.  Once we've enslaved them I intend to obtain a couple of good looking breeders.
Oh and thanks for the warning. I had not replied to the post your are taking about. I will pass.
[Image: dc52deee8e6b07186c04ff66a45fd204.jpg]
(September 30, 2015 at 12:17 pm)Kitty Galore Wrote: I say thank you when someone "blesses" me when I've sneezed.

Hell, I'll still say "bless you".
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
(September 30, 2015 at 12:17 pm)Kitty Galore Wrote: I say thank you when someone "blesses" me when I've sneezed.

Me too.  But I've got a hang up about returning the favor.  How about you?  When I was teaching I would always say "gesundheit" to get around it.  
(September 30, 2015 at 12:15 pm)lkingpinl Wrote: Stereotyping or generalizing people is always bad.  People are individuals and may choose to label themselves under certain banners, but that in no way gives anyone the right to assume what they believe or how they behave without getting to know them personally.
If there ever comes a day when nobody needs to generalize anymore, the need for labels like theists and atheists would also have been long gone. Generalizing is NOT bad, stereotyping is.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

(September 30, 2015 at 12:14 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Ah, fuck theists.

Wear a condom, though. You don't want what they have... Tongue
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Big Grin Texax High school students stand up to Atheists: Zero Atheists care Joods 16 3384 October 23, 2017 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Well, shit... Now who are supposed to worship? Cyberman 20 4532 July 5, 2017 at 8:23 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  The Atheist Obsession with Insulting Christians Randy Carson 1016 175885 October 4, 2015 at 7:46 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  God's supposed creations dyresand 10 2225 June 25, 2015 at 12:52 pm
Last Post: LastPoet