Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 9:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
chemicals
chemicals
Hello,
You atheists say that there is no purpose in life. I may  agree but there must be a purpose because if there is not whats the point of it. You say life came from chemical interaction but how the hell could chemicals create human beings. It seems like a fairy tale to me. If chemicals did create life then for what purpose , what do the chemicals get out of it. Now then a biggy. Whats the driving force for these chemicals to create life. People who are suffering with cancer, I want to know why theese chemicals are hurting them so badly. it put me offf believing in the goodness of a god. They did not ask to be born. When you look around the world do you see a goodness in a god i dont and i know you dont either.War hate murder illness rule this world. No a god does not exist but maybe the devil rules instead.
RE: chemicals
(October 2, 2015 at 6:21 pm)justin65 Wrote: Hello,
You atheists say that there is no purpose in life.

Typical misconception.

Why don't you try again, with rephrasing that comment when you have actually learned a little about atheism.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Justin, there doesn't need to be a point, so your argument is fallacious. And as for what the chemicals get out of it - they get to make sweet sweet love all the time, and when noone is looking, when they get excited they fondle with each other's orbitals.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

You atheists say that there is no purpose in life. I may  agree but there must be a purpose because if there is not whats the point of it. You say life came from chemical interaction but how the hell could chemicals create human beings. It seems like a fairy tale to me. If chemicals did create life then for what purpose , what do the chemicals get out of it. Now then a biggy. Whats the driving force for these chemicals to create life. People who are suffering with cancer, I want to know why theese chemicals are hurting them so badly. it put me offf believing in the goodness of a god. They did not ask to be born. When you look around the world do you see a goodness in a god i dont and i know you dont either.War hate murder illness rule this world. No a god does not exist but maybe the devil rules instead.

What does a rock get out of rolling down a hill?  What does water get out of flowing to a lower spot?  Things happen.  That does not entail that there is any purpose to anything.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
Quote:You atheists say that there is no purpose in life.

No, we say there is no porpoise in life. Most atheists are dolphin people.

Quote:I may agree but there must be a purpose because if there is not whats the point of it

We merely want you to think that we think there's no point. It isn't a plot to lull you into a false sense of security while we march ever onwards to world domination, I swear.

Quote: You say life came from chemical interaction but how the hell could chemicals create human beings.

We got them drunk and told them they were knitting jumpers for a charity drive.

Quote:It seems like a fairy tale to me.

Nah, if it were a fairy tale, the chemicals would have go to the ball in a pumpkin.

Quote:If chemicals did create life then for what purpose , what do the chemicals get out of it.

An all expenses-paid trip to the beaker of their choice. Fucking sweeeeet...

Quote:Now then a biggy. Whats the driving force for these chemicals to create life.

There was nothing good on primordial telly, so the chemicals created life so that, billions of years later, people could yell at each other about why Tom Baker was a better Doctor than Colin Baker.

Quote:People who are suffering with cancer, I want to know why theese chemicals are hurting them so badly.

Because these are the people who opted for Sylvester McCoy.

Quote:it put me offf believing in the goodness of a god

Yeah, McCoy has that effect on lots of people.

Quote: They did not ask to be born

How do you know that? I certainly asked to be born. 'Hey, chemicals,' I asked. 'Could I be born in 1722?' And they all said, 'Belt up and wait yer fecking turn.'

Quote:When you look around the world do you see a goodness in a god i dont and i know you dont either

Hey, you don't know what I see. Sometimes I squint a little and things go all fuzzy. So there.

Quote:War hate murder illness rule this world. No a god does not exist but maybe the devil rules instead.

So, you think there's a multiplicity of gods but only one devil? No wonder things are fecked up. The universe is an awful work load for a single devil. Just wait to see how bad things get when he finds out that the succubi are dipping into the petty cash.

Boru

(Ask real questions, learn how to type, spell and punctuate, and you might get more serious answers).
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
If I were a cetacean biologist, I'd write a book "the porpoise driven life" just to piss off Rick Warren.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

"You atheists say that there is no purpose in life."   -- Which atheist?  Where is your citation?  I have never heard an atheist say that.

If I can make sense of the chemicals and cancer and illness part (Haven't had to write many scholarly essays yet, have you?  And I would bet that you haven't spent time in a high school chemistry class either.) -- you either blame the chemicals, or god, or both, for illness.  Illness is genetic, or viral, or bacterial, or from poor nutrition, and it is completely random.

Why are you dismissing the idea of a god (actually, I'm with you there) but seem to be saying that a creator is needed, and the devil might exist?

Please sort out your points and give this one another try.  This post was a little scrambled.
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
I certainly have a porpoise in life.

Telling people the good news of three phase horizontal rock crushers.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
No, not all atheists say that there is no purpose in life. If chemicals did create us, why would they need a purpose to do so? Why would the chemicals (unthinking) need to get something out of it?

Not sure if this driving “force” you speak of, needs to be a supernatural one, which sounds like it at the end of your paragraph. If you think the actual devil from the fairy tale book rules, then that means you think a god rules, and that he is evil.

Not exactly sure where you’re going with this.
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' -Isaac Asimov-
(October 2, 2015 at 7:03 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: I certainly have a porpoise in life.

Telling people the good news of three phase horizontal rock crushers.

Blasphemer!!!!!....I think...