Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 12:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bishops Should Stick To What They Do Best...
Bishops Should Stick To What They Do Best...
protecting pedophiles. Leave the heavy thinking to those who can handle it.

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic...rtion.html

Quote:A Catholic nun and longtime administrator of St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center in Phoenix was reassigned in the wake of a decision to allow a pregnancy to be ended in order to save the life of a critically ill patient.

The decision also drew a sharp rebuke from Bishop Thomas J. Olmsted, head of the Phoenix Diocese, who indicated the woman was "automatically excommunicated" because of the action.

Neither the hospital nor the bishop's office would address whether the bishop had a direct role in her demotion. He does not have control of the hospital as a business but is the voice of moral authority over any Catholic institution operating in the diocese.

If this frocked fuckwit is an example of catholic "moral authority" then it is time to close all their fucking churches down and turn them into Starbucks' or something useful.
RE: Bishops Should Stick To What They Do Best...
(May 15, 2010 at 1:07 pm)Minimalist Wrote: protecting pedophiles. Leave the heavy thinking to those who can handle it.

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic...rtion.html

Quote:A Catholic nun and longtime administrator of St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center in Phoenix was reassigned in the wake of a decision to allow a pregnancy to be ended in order to save the life of a critically ill patient.

The decision also drew a sharp rebuke from Bishop Thomas J. Olmsted, head of the Phoenix Diocese, who indicated the woman was "automatically excommunicated" because of the action.

Neither the hospital nor the bishop's office would address whether the bishop had a direct role in her demotion. He does not have control of the hospital as a business but is the voice of moral authority over any Catholic institution operating in the diocese.

If this frocked fuckwit is an example of catholic "moral authority" then it is time to close all their fucking churches down and turn them into Starbucks' or something useful.

This is a good example of religious dogma being used for evil.

Its small minded petty.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Exactly why religious dogma is just one more tool to maintain people in perpetual ignorance.
There is nothing people will not maintain when they are slaves to superstition

http://chatpilot-godisamyth.blogspot.com/

Quote:"In this tragic case, the treatment necessary to save the mother's life required the termination of an 11-week pregnancy," Pfister said.

This pious motherfucker was willing to kill a real, live, woman to "save" a non-viable smear of goo.

I cannot put into words the contempt I have for these despicable excuses for human beings.
Religion, dragging us kicking and screaming into the 14th century.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
@Min

For that reason,my devout mother would never give birth in a Catholic hospital.

Her attitude was: "I can have another baby. I'm harder to replace as a wife and mother".

This 'automatic excommunication' stance gives met shits. The callous cunt.. Both of a girfriend's parents were automatically excommunicated in 1949,after her mother had 8 births. (5 live) She had a tubal ligation as the doctors told her if she had any more births she would probably die.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  They should host more shows like that. leo-rcc 3 1674 October 16, 2010 at 8:34 pm
Last Post: Minimalist