Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 4:02 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some Very Strange Websites
Some Very Strange Websites
When I get bored, I sometimes seek out deranged websites for amusement. I suppose that there have always been lots of people thinking strange things out there, but before the advent of the internet it was much harder to find them. Now its easy. Technology is great: its hugely advanced our ability to find out what other people believe, and then laugh at them.

Anyway, I thought that I'd share a few choice crazy websites:

First up is the Flat Earth Society. When I first came across this site, I thought that it was a joke. But it isn't. There really are folk who believe that the Earth is flat, contradicting something like 2400 years of science.

Next we have David Icke's Website. David believes that the world is controlled by a cabal of alien reptiles in human form. They maintain their disguise by drinking the blood of babies. Barking mad. And he seems to have quite a few followers.

Then theres a group of people who believe that the entire Middle Ages are a hoax. Thats right- everthing that we read about history from the fall of the Roman Empire to 1600 or so is simply made up. It turns out that the British Empire was a continuation of Imperial Rome! The group includes the former world chess champion Anatoly Kasparov, demonstrating that even very smart people can be very stupid indeed.

Fourthly, we have a scam. Monatomic Gold is a nonexistent substance. But that doesn't stop people from trying to sell you it. What you're offered is a jar of white powder at £18-30 a jar, depending on supplier. From what I've read, its supposedly produced alchemically- whatever that means. Idiots will buy anything.

And then we have a group of organizations that I'll call THE CULT.

THE CULT is far loonier than any of the groups that I've talked about so far. In fact, they somehow manage to combine all of the batshit crazy features of the other four- and then some.

Like the flat earthers, THE CULTISTS are past masters of denying science. Evolutionary Biology, Geology and Astronomy are their favourite scientific disciplines to deny. But they go much further than the Flat Earth Society. THE CULT doesn't restrict itself to denying science- it also has a long record of persecuting, and even murdering, scientists and freethinkers. For example this guy.

David Icke is a paranoid fruitbat who believes that imaginary beings control the world. But thats nothing when compared to THE CULT. According to THE CULTISTS, not only do imaginary beings intervene in our daily affairs, but the entire universe was created by a non-existent entity that they call 'God'. In terms of paranoid delusions, no one beats THE CULT.

And when it comes to re-writing the history of the world, Kasparov and Co have a lot to learn from THE CULT. Many CULTISTS claim that the earth is only 6000 years old. Since the real age is circa 4.5 billion years, thats quite a discrepancy! And beyond that theres a long-standing CULTIST project to falsify pretty much the entire history of the Ancient Middle East. An excellent article on the subject here.

And finally, THE CULT is undoubtedly the greatest scam that the world has ever seen. The Monatomist Gold scammers will sell you powder with alleged magical properties. THE CULT will sell you salvation, and with that you don't even get a jar full of dubious crystals. No- what you get is precisely nothing. And it works! THE CULT is raking in the cash.

THE CULT broke into factions years ago. Heres some links to a few representative groups:
CULT
CULT
CULT

Hope you enjoy laughing at the craziest fruitbats of all!
He who desires to worship God must harbor no childish illusions about the matter but bravely renounce his liberty and humanity.
Mikhail Bakunin

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything
Friedrich Nietzsche
RE: Some Very Strange Websites
This one's not that strange, but strange enough, I think. I like to read it when I'm mad at people and want to picture the Earth being destroyed. Big Grin JK, kind of.

http://www.exitmundi.nl/exitmundi.htm
Quote:When I get bored, I sometimes seek out deranged websites for amusement.

And so...you ended up here?
(May 17, 2010 at 2:57 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:When I get bored, I sometimes seek out deranged websites for amusement.

And so...you ended up here?

Something like that.
He who desires to worship God must harbor no childish illusions about the matter but bravely renounce his liberty and humanity.
Mikhail Bakunin

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything
Friedrich Nietzsche
The FES also perpetuate the Moon Landing Hoax myth. There is not a group more infuriating to me than them.
I love friendly debate, but I love to stir the pot and play the devils advocate even more.
----------
"Always demand proof, proof is the elementary courtesy that is anyone's due." - Paul Valéry
----------
Ask me about atheism, vegetarianism, secular parenting, or anything else! http://formspring.me/chrisbloom7
Flat earth society is awesome.

Thanks dude, you made my day Big Grin
"L'éternité, c'est maintenant"
Well, websites don't get more deranged than CWCki. It is an entire wiki dedicated to posting on every single aspect of the life of an autistic manchild who has written what is easily the worst webcomic in human history (Sonichu, which is a Sonic the Hedgehog-Pokemon crossover, done like Daniel Johnston's oevure, but without the naive charm), and managed to slowly become more and more deranged as time goes on. There's over 1000 articles focusing on his life and work (such as it is), and the most disturbing sections of all are dedicated to his sexual neuroses (notice that due to this and the possible risks to your own sanity, many pages of the wiki are not work-safe.) The worst part about this is that, after reading this, you begin to realize how much of his trolling he actually deserved.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
LOLOLOLOL The OP to this topic is so cleverester! You get +10 sutblety points! Big Grin

Seriously, though. It doesn't get much crazier than http://www.timecube.com I really, really wish this poor motherfucker were joking.
(May 17, 2010 at 9:14 pm)Watson Wrote: LOLOLOLOL The OP to this topic is so cleverester! You get +10 sutblety points! Big Grin

Seriously, though. It doesn't get much crazier than http://www.timecube.com I really, really wish this poor motherfucker were joking.

I wasn't trying to be subtle.

The point was simple: christians such as yourself believe in stuff that is every bit as crazy as the ravings of an extremely disturbed internet fruitbat.
Mikhail Bakunin

Friedrich Nietzsche
Brilliant.

Most excellently done.

+2 for Caecilian
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Parody thread: Not trolling "Why The Vision Argument Is A Very Shite One" Edwardo Piet 11 2279 April 22, 2018 at 6:36 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Klondike Pimpin': The very serious issue Edwardo Piet 6 1432 January 21, 2016 at 2:08 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  The best Atheist cartoon websites? ILoveMRHMWogglebugTE 2 1001 July 25, 2015 at 2:15 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  One Very Cool Picture Cinjin 14 2086 March 26, 2014 at 6:04 pm
Last Post: Whateverist