Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 7:14 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Helpful hints for christians
Helpful hints for christians
If you are talking with a atheist being online or in person remember this.

1. Do not badger us about god and or jesus

2. Do no waste your time preaching to us  

3. Do not use hell as a means to make us believe  in what you do

4. We get that you want to save us from some external torment but don't bother.

5. Don't be a asshole  no one like christian assholes..

6. Atheists please  do not say we are atheists because we love to sin because on your end it makes you guys look like hypocrites

7. Don't say were immoral because on your end it looks bad if you need the bible to give you morals.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
RE: Helpful hints for christians
If you can't handle the first 7....

8.  Kill yourselves.
Or better yet, 8. don't come off smarter, or literally prove a point the atheist cannot answer. Remember you (Christian) are supposed to be the dumb one and atheist can NOT be made to look foolish, or less smart otherwise we will spam you with YouTube videos and memes that make our points, or just put you on our ignore list if the memes don't work!
(October 11, 2015 at 11:17 pm)dyresand Wrote: 6. Atheists please  do not say we are atheists because we love to sin because on your end it makes you guys look like hypocrites

Are you talking to  atheists or about  atheists, here? The grammar implies that you're addressing us, rather than Christians.
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

(October 11, 2015 at 11:55 pm)Drich Wrote: Or better yet, 8. don't come off smarter, or literally prove a point the atheist cannot answer. Remember you (Christian) are supposed to be the dumb one and atheist can NOT be made to look foolish, or less smart otherwise we will spam you with YouTube videos and memes that make our points, or just put you on our ignore list if the memes don't work!

Catchy.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
(October 11, 2015 at 11:55 pm)Drich Wrote: Or better yet, 8. don't come off smarter, or literally prove a point the atheist cannot answer. Remember you (Christian) are supposed to be the dumb one and atheist can NOT be made to look foolish, or less smart otherwise we will spam you with YouTube videos and memes that make our points, or just put you on our ignore list if the memes don't work!

Um, I have never ever  seen one of you "prove a point the atheist cannot answer". I've seen you posit ideas you think  we cannot answer, or you don't like  the answer you get, or that no one can answer (including you)... but I have never seen you guys present something that is a "stumper", in the way that you seem to imply here.

On the other hand, when you guys post fallacious or factually erroneous tripe, we're likely to mock you for doing so, yeah, or point you to explanations by credible sources (videos, usually) which explain why it doesn't work the way you're claiming.

I don't think any of us here seriously think that we're smarter than Christians... just the ones who come here and break the rules above. There are lots of extremely intelligent Christians out there. Sadly, they don't come here because they're typically more annoyed by your type of Christian than we are. 

My fiancee, a Methodist, will sometimes sit here with me as I'm on this forum and just openly ridicule the things you guys say (especially about science), to the point I can't even type because I'm laughing so hard, or she'll get furious at the things y'all claim in the name of her faith tradition, especially when you claim that we hate Christians simply because we hate your type  of Christian, or anyone else who comes here with the intent to preach at and harass us.

That's why the above set of helpful guidelines had to be posted. Try reading it again, with a humble heart.
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

Sounds like you're taking all your fun out of this forum! What will mini do? Go back to basket weaving at the sanitarium?
Quis ut Deus?
And please, kindly remember...

The rules and directives for living, prayer, etc. that are specific to Christianity, only apply to those that adhere to 
the religion. No one else cares.
Quote:Or better yet, 8. don't come off smarter, or literally prove a point the atheist cannot answer

A problem you have never faced, drippy.
(October 12, 2015 at 12:08 am)Thena323 Wrote: And please, kindly remember...

The rules and directives for living, prayer, etc. that are specific to Christianity, only apply to those that adhere to 
the religion. No one else cares.

Very, very good point.

I really don't care if you want to bind yourselves to a bunch of weird rules that vaguely come from a book. That's up to you. As long as you're not hurting anyone, you can do whatever you want. You don't need my validation to do so.

But we're perfectly happy ignoring all those rules as we see fit, and neither do we need your validation to do so. As long as we're not hurting anyone, then you should leave us alone too. Every one of us will have considered the ideas you present, you are bringing nothing new.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If There Was A HELPFUL God… BrianSoddingBoru4 49 3036 February 8, 2024 at 11:23 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 7809 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why do Christians become Christians? SteveII 168 31238 May 20, 2016 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Christians. Prove That You Are Real/True Christians Nope 155 51165 September 1, 2015 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  The first Christians weren't Bible Christians Phatt Matt s 60 15806 March 26, 2014 at 10:26 am
Last Post: rightcoaster
  Now Christians piss of Christians. leo-rcc 10 9943 December 11, 2010 at 4:02 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris