Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 8:38 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We wouldn't need laws if everyone was Christian!
We wouldn't need laws if everyone was Christian!
Rand Paul just keeps burying himself deeper and deeper. He essentially said, in a nutshell, that if everyone was Christian we wouldn't need laws.

Quote:I'm a Christian. We go to the Presbyterian Church. My wife’s a Deacon there and we’ve gone there ever since we came to town. I see that Christianity and values is the basis of our society. . . . 98% of us won’t murder people, won’t steal, won’t break the law and it helps a society to have that religious underpinning. You still need to have the laws but I think it helps to have a people who believe in law and order and who have a moral compass or a moral basis for their day to day life.
Source: http://www.religiondispatches.org/dispat...christian/
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
RE: We wouldn't need laws if everyone was Christian!
http://www.holysmoke.org/icr-pri.htm

Yes, the man is a dickhead but telling xtians how fucking holy they are is a good way to win elections in an asshole state like Kentucky.
This guy will just not stop lol. 98% of you won't break the law? I bet he sodomizes his wife, probably illegal in ole Kentucky!

You know there is only one Atheist in the US senate and House of Rep.
That line about Kentucky being an asshole state reminds me of Robin Williams stand-up when he is talking about a hurricane and the asshole right in the center is Dallas hahaha.

"...the illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world."

- Carl Sagan
Sickening.

EvF
Rand Paul is pretty much a chip off the old block. He's following his dad's position on most things, including opposition to abortion rights and wanting to get rid of the Civil Rights Act.

Imo the two Pauls nicely illustrate the bankruptcy of right-wing 'libertarianism'. They support fredom of speech, and full marks for that. But beyond freedom of speech, they have an extremely narrow view of what 'freedom' and 'rights' are. Basically, what they're interested in is economic freedom for corporations to do what the fuck they please to ordinary citizens. Fucking over ordinary citizens in a completely unconstrained and comprehensive manner is, it turns out, a fundamental right. The right of women to freely control what happens to their own bodies is, by way of contrast, not a right at all. Ditto the right of black people to be able to compete as equals in the employment market.

Its disgusting.
He who desires to worship God must harbor no childish illusions about the matter but bravely renounce his liberty and humanity.
Mikhail Bakunin

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything
Friedrich Nietzsche
You do realize that we wouldn't need laws if we were all dead...

Food for thought while discussing the most widespread death cult.
Quote:They support fredom of speech,

Mainly for themselves, though.
(May 26, 2010 at 2:45 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:They support fredom of speech,

Mainly for themselves, though.

In all fairness (and I personally find it difficult to be fair about reactionary assholes like Ron & Rand), I think that they probably do support free speech for everyone. Of course what they don't support is any sort of measure that would help to make that a meaningful right. So in the Pauliverse you can say what you like but err..ummm big business owns all the media, so no one's going to hear you.
He who desires to worship God must harbor no childish illusions about the matter but bravely renounce his liberty and humanity.
Mikhail Bakunin

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything
Friedrich Nietzsche
Didn't notice those tea party assholes shouting down opponents at those "town hall" meetings?
(May 26, 2010 at 4:48 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Didn't notice those tea party assholes shouting down opponents at those "town hall" meetings?

Well, I live in the UK, and I haven't really been following the 'tea party' stuff much. After reading your post, I checked it out, and of course you're quite correct.

So they don't really believe in more liberty at all, then.

Except for the liberty of multinational corporations to ass-fuck us 'til we bleed.

Bastards Angry
Mikhail Bakunin

Friedrich Nietzsche