Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the missing link to God's family
the missing link to God's family
I  have named this thread specific to what we will discover by proofs and conversing. Nevertheless, don't feel disappointed. We are discussing God's family, and in fact the missing link to it. That is what I had in mind for this thread. Almost exactly, in point of fact. You see, we all belong to God's family. But as an aside to the debate, I am going to tell you that not many people have such ease in fitting in the family of God. For atheists, there may come a point when you will ask why you must first belong to the family. Well, then you will not feel as if you fit in at all! So there is a problem with God's family, or fitting in with it at least.

I will tell you that Christ is a powerful name. At least, from the bibles point of view anyway, because his name is supposed to be translated or whatever into Yahweh, which means "God." Belonging to the family of God never sounded easier, because the son of God means "God"! But this thread is all about the family God and there being a particular missing link to it, at least it is partially. It is about my name: James Brenton Killingsworth. It has a big impact on my family as well, perhaps anyway, who's names are too big for honor. I believe with all sincerity and cannot find disproof, that my name comes out pronounced as Christ. I also believe there is a meaning behind my name, kind of like Christ means Yahweh or God, but I don't want to divulge into that yet.

But nevertheless, there will be doubters, haters, trollers, and atheists, to try and slow the progress in this thread. Well I have outlined the rules for discussion so it shouldn't span up to 30 pages in just a matter of days. Either discuss the meaning behind the name being pronounced as Christ or be reported. It is also "meant" Christ, I think anyway, after you understand the pronunciation. But my name has gone through, at least in my life, significant changes, changes for the better that is. I have put this name on the level with God! That speaks bounds about the power of my family as earthly, and my heavenly father as my father. Yes, I believe I am the son of God. Yes, I know it is true. Yes, my name is proof for it. Yes, there are too many experiences of my own to dismiss in order to diminish my faith. Yes I know for certainty.

So Killingsworth must mean something profound. Feel free to add your ideas to why it is such a noble name. I haven't discussed it that much, although I know it is probably the noblest name I have ever encountered. ...I will add my thoughts: Whenever I think of pronouncing the name, it always comes out "Christ-ing". Or "God-ing". Or "something"-ing". But never "killing." This is quite evident if you were to take the name for what it is. I suppose anyway. But what really makes the name so profound? When you can say "Christ" without thinking of te name as nobility. And that strikes me as evident and it also strikes me as physical proof that I am the son of God.

So if you have any further proofs please feel free to let me know. If you trail off topic don't forget I am warning you here that you will be reported. I have set the stage for this to be debated, but you may discuss a little bit about the origins of the family of God. Don't forget I believe that Sophocles Euripides and Aristophanes are also the sons of God, and I know a little about the origins of the family. But feel free to add your thoughts about why you may not be able to proove that you belong as a member of God's family. Sheesh that must hurt God's feelings quite a bit! Waiting til the year 2000 to introduce (Aeschylus) his first born son.

Anyway, thanks as always for your imput, just try to make it count.
RE: the missing link to God's family
[Image: 8b212685043dfcc7c7234814762a816b.jpg]
(October 23, 2015 at 5:28 pm)JBrentonK Wrote: Well I have outlined the rules for discussion so it shouldn't span up to 30 pages in just a matter of days. Either discuss the meaning behind the name being pronounced as Christ or be reported.

So Killingsworth must mean something profound. Feel free to add your ideas to why it is such a noble name.

So if you have any further proofs please feel free to let me know. If you trail off topic don't forget I am warning you here that you will be reported.

Please, please, we'll do anything you say. Just please don't report us.
Oh, please abuse the report system.

Dodgy
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
I think Killingsworth is a deeply profound name with a deeper meaning. You say it comes from England. Therefore it is probably related to Jobsworth

Quote:A jobsworth is a person who uses their job description in a deliberately uncooperative way, or who seemingly delights in acting in an obstructive or unhelpful manner.

"Jobsworth" is a British colloquial[1][2] word derived from the phrase "I can't do that, it's more than my job's worth"
Hey, Killingsworth. You can report all you want, but no action will be taken unless an actual violation of the rules is made. And guess, what? Thinking you're full of shit and saying so is NOT a violation. You can't force the members of this forum to go along with this ridiculous narrative of yours.

That being said, I am a reasonable and compassionate person. I think I know what you want, so here. Take it.

I pronounce your name like this:

whore·iz·ontal rawk krush·orz
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
You'd think God's clone or whatever the fuck this deep-fried turd is meant to be would have have more important matters to attend to than shitposting on a forum and impotently threatening reports at people who won't play along.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
I know what the missing link to God's family is.

Spoiler:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Missing Commandment FebruaryOfReason 12 2736 February 28, 2016 at 4:07 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Loving God More Than Your Family & Spouse miaharun 61 10553 November 19, 2015 at 12:07 am
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
Question I need major help with my Christian Family coolfunkDJ 145 26597 February 14, 2015 at 4:11 pm
Last Post: emilynghiem
  Dealing with your religious family. 5thHorseman 22 6834 February 9, 2015 at 6:45 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Guy on twitter sent me this link, HA! Brian37 12 2652 February 8, 2015 at 7:02 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Salon link about bad religious ideas. Brian37 1 981 January 26, 2015 at 8:40 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  God is love. God is just. God is merciful. Chad32 62 19414 October 21, 2014 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Cheerful Charlie
Exclamation Mullah rapes 10 year old, family want to kill child... Mr Greene 38 6702 July 26, 2014 at 3:48 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Colbert video link: On the Straight and Narrow Minded Ziploc Surprise 0 1320 July 18, 2012 at 11:58 am
Last Post: Ziploc Surprise
  Beaverton Oregon church sues family after they criticize it online Ziploc Surprise 8 4471 May 16, 2012 at 2:27 pm
Last Post: zebo-the-fat