Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 9:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When Implicit Becomes Explicit
When Implicit Becomes Explicit
Today, I wanted to get out of town with my step sister that gets out of town every day to go to work. I have a friend close by where she works and I wanted to go spend some time with my friend over there before I went back to work tomorrow.

Yesterday, I texted my step sister to see if she was going to work, what time. She texted me back saying that she was going at 1:30PM but wouldn't be able to take me back. I didn't text her back.

Today's morning, I texted her back asking her if she was still going to work at 1:30PM. She didn't text me back. Later this morning, I ask her again in person and she says 'Yeah, I need to work don't I.' I didn't understand why she was being ugly about my question so I didn't pay attention to her response besides for the fact that she was going to work and seeing no problem in hitching a ride with her.

Afternoon, I tell my dad I'm going out of town and my step mom jumps my butt executing two reasons why my step sister wouldn't be able to take me as if she had practiced in front of a mirror.

1. She isn't coming back. 2. You have to go to work tomorrow.

I responded that I had a ride back in time for work. I really didn't think my step mom had to be the one to give me a hint that my step sister couldn't take me. I went over to my step sister shortly after and asked her if she was going to be able to take me. Finally, after a whole day of expecting her to take me, she tells me that she won't be able to to take me because her car will be full of stuff. fucking aye. She couldn't have told me this via text message in the morning when my friend could have still come over and picked me up?

what really pissed me off is the text messages she sent me afterwards:

"I never said I would take you, you just assumed"
um... after my 3rd time of asking you if you were going out of town today, i'd think you picked up the hint that I wanted to go too. If you knew that you wouldn't be able to take me then you could have just said so from the get go instead of circumvent until the very last second.

goes to show you that you can't trust anyone but yourself.
RE: When Implicit Becomes Explicit
(May 31, 2010 at 4:17 pm)The_Flying_Skeptic Wrote:

goes to show you that you can't trust anyone but yourself.

Choose the best solution that gets you what you want and just file away this event for the future. While letting off venom may be fun, I've learned that women take it differently from men. Men have a tendency of treating it like it is - you're pissed as fuck and need to yell at them. If it gets out of control, they feel that they can punch you.

Women, on the other hand, have a tendency of treating your rants as How You See Them ™. From there, it only gets worse.

Therefore, I've learned the hard way that losing your cool around any female just happens to fuck everything over for the future.

Yes, people are misunderstanding, scheming roaches. But they are our misunderstanding, scheming roaches. Unless you want to live away from all other humans like my great-uncle Herman the hermit.
RE: When Implicit Becomes Explicit
looks like good advice from my experience. i didn't respond to her text message the way i did here. I held back a lot more than I did here. I even apologized and said that I would be more explicit next time. her last text to me was 'ok good'. I wish I could let off some steam on her but that would have probably ruined my relationship with her and her mom (my step mom). but i'm going to start being a lot more explicit about getting out of town since I have been trying to keep it on the down low from my dad and step mom but now i really don't care.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ya knooow, Monica smells; oh ma gosh!: implicit hate and grudge in social life WinterHold 10 1471 July 20, 2018 at 5:12 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4