Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 8:26 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does excessive introspection necessitate eventual anxiety?
Does excessive introspection necessitate eventual anxiety?
So if I spend all my time thinking so much like a door mouse who a read too many library books do I automatically ultimately end up in corner clutching knees and rocking back and forth? Must I sometimes go outside like a lemony manslut and come out of turtle shell so I not have spiralling mind?

Does thinking all the time introspectively automatically eventually lead to anxiety and worry?

Do I sometimes have to get out of myself and  reach out to avoid worry?

Is it good for even the most shy, introverted and introspective of us to reach out of ourselves and be social when we can?

This is hypothetical, in practice I reach out to others and be social a lot these days even though I am mostly an introvert. It makes me very happy.

I like being out of myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dA7fNZuzFFc
RE: Does excessive introspection necessitate eventual anxiety?
(October 30, 2015 at 11:33 am)Evie Wrote: ...
Does thinking all the time introspectively automatically eventually lead to anxiety and worry?

Not if you die first Hedgehog
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
No. Only if you don't periodically recalibrate your responses to the results of your introspection against external evidences of the effectiveness of the said response in mitigating the anxieties.
Well I guess one has to stop introspecting for a second to go find aforementioned external evidences xD
(October 30, 2015 at 11:33 am)Evie Wrote: So if I spend all my time thinking so much like a door mouse who a read too many library books do I automatically ultimately end up in corner clutching knees and rocking back and forth? Must I sometimes go outside like a lemony manslut and come out of turtle shell so I not have spiralling mind?

Do I sometimes have to get out of myself and  reach out to avoid worry?

Is it good for even the most shy, introverted and introspective of us to reach out of ourselves and be social when we can?

This is hypothetical, in practice I reach out to others and be social a lot these days even though I am mostly an introvert. It makes me very happy.

I like being out of myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dA7fNZuzFFc

My own theory is that language is or should be only for interpersonal communication.  Everything can be realized wordlessly.  Language is for telling another.  I enjoy tasks and activities in which I can get lost in the doing.  Evaluation can still come up but if you get out of the habit of conducting it or any other form of realization using interpersonal language, I think you're better off.  You're not giving up language, you're just reserving it for what it does best.  Stick to what you feel and realize and language will serve you better.  You shouldn't have to focus on the medium to get out a message.
I agree, the noise in our heads probably came about as a side effect of learning language which is meant to talk to others.

I enjoy introspection at times but sometimes I hear my thoughts say many things which is really just a noise and a distraction and less than helpful.

And so often redundant:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMiPBy4Zwag
Quote:Does thinking all the time introspectively automatically eventually lead to anxiety and worry?

I'm afraid that if I consider this question too deeply, I'll have a panic attack.

So...yes.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(October 30, 2015 at 11:33 am)Evie Wrote: ...

For me personally, yes
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
Same here Smile

That's why turtle has cum out of his shell.

*come

(Accuse me of intentional mispelling why don't you? Well, guilty as charged xD).
(October 30, 2015 at 12:02 pm)Evie Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMiPBy4Zwag

Exactly.

(October 30, 2015 at 12:02 pm)Evie Wrote: I enjoy introspection at times but sometimes I hear my thoughts say many things which is really just a noise and a distraction and less than helpful.

I would say that introspection is more about listening than it is asserting anything. If you're hoping to encounter new ground in introspection, it needs to be more receptive. It starts with realizing your own limits and dependence as a conscious mind. There is indeed more to realize than we often do consciously so it helps to become curious about what is going on pre-consciously.

But judging the unconscious by conscious standards doesn't help. So don't expect insight to be delivered in the voice of David Attenborough narrating a documentary .. though I'm sure it happens. The unconscious is more into imagery, symbolism and word play. So curiosity and an open mind will serve better than pre-conceived notions and high standards.

Getting into yourself is as good as getting out of yourself, so long as the self in question is not under your conscious dominion.