Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 6:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shot By Both Sides - Magazine
Shot By Both Sides - Magazine
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuG1W7yaFkg
RE: Shot By Both Sides - Magazine
Its a great song from a great band. For comparison, heres the original 1978 version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yh5N_BHzN3o

I think that on balance I like the original more, mainly because Devoto's singing has a lot more edge to it. Still, the recent version is good too.

Its nice to see a band reforming and not disgracing themselves. I still remember (with shudders) when the Velvet Underground reformed in the 90s (twice, iirc). They were pretty awful, at least when compared to their earlier incarnation. Devoto & co have done much better.
He who desires to worship God must harbor no childish illusions about the matter but bravely renounce his liberty and humanity.
Mikhail Bakunin

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything
Friedrich Nietzsche
Yeah I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the new version. I know that album by heart.

I'm glad I missed Velvet Underground's reincarnation then. Not that I thought too much of them in the first place.
I don' t think I knew that one back in 78, but I sure do recognise the music style from those times.
I'm really shitty at giving kudos and rep. That's because I would be inconsistent in remembering to do them, and also I don't really want it to show if any favouritism is happening. Even worse would be inconsistencies causing false favouritisms to show. So, fuck it. Just assume that I've given you some good rep and a number of kudos, and everyone should be happy...