Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 10:13 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dragon*Con!!!
Dragon*Con!!!
So, who is going to Dragon*Con this year?

I am! Just bought tickets and got my flight booked! Managed to get a return flight with Delta for £400 (~$585) which is pretty good going I thought. It's gonna be a great 4 days.

Anyone else going?
RE: Dragon*Con!!!
I'm glad I'm close by this year, Atlanta right, sometime in Sept.? I think I might use going to see the wife's family as an excuse to go.
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
Yep: http://www.dragoncon.org/

And you know I'll be there, this is my second year going. Fucking love this con!
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
Yeah it's in Atlanta from Sept 3rd - 6th. We'll have to have an unofficial Atheist Forums meetup if you come!
wtf is this shit?
It's a big geek convention.

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
(June 10, 2010 at 12:29 pm)Eilonnwy Wrote: It's a big geek convention.

Like furries or something?
(June 10, 2010 at 12:51 pm)tavarish Wrote: Like furries or something?

God. no.

Dragon*con Wrote:Dragon*Con is the largest multi-media, popular culture convention focusing on science fiction and fantasy, gaming, comics, literature, art, music, and film in the universe!

They have a bunch of different fan tracks catered to all types of fandoms, and even a Skeptics track. James Randi will be there, and Adam Savage of Mythbusters. They also get a lot of movie and TV actors.

James Randi is coming? Adam Savage?!? SWEEEEEET!!!

Now I don't feel bad about not paying the extortionate £208 "TAM London" ticket price. Last year they sold out within an hour, selling tickets at £170 each. This year they still have tickets left over, which I put down to the increase in price, and perhaps some disappointment at last year's one.
I'd love to come lol, but it sounds quite expensive Wink
You'd better take some photos!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Comic Con London Darwinian 3 1131 September 4, 2015 at 2:10 pm
Last Post: Darwinian
  Comic Con! (Image Heavy) StuW 6 3892 April 27, 2014 at 7:08 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  LG-Con at Cedar Point! Creed of Heresy 13 3144 July 5, 2013 at 8:15 pm
Last Post: Creed of Heresy
  Dragon Baby Napoléon 1 1172 November 3, 2012 at 11:27 am
Last Post: Tino
  One dragon that needs slaying in the UK. bozo 11 2427 October 20, 2011 at 8:26 am
Last Post: bozo
  Your favorite thing and a purple dragon. Violet 20 9472 April 13, 2011 at 5:56 pm
Last Post: Violet
  3 Days until Dragon*con Eilonnwy 7 2734 September 5, 2010 at 1:49 am
Last Post: Tiberius