Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 12:01 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Debate Challenge
Debate Challenge
Hello. I have been engaging in debates with atheists on the existence of God for many years now, and I still have yet to find a worthy opponent who is capable of defeating me. I'm here to issue a challenge to any atheist with the guts to take me on. Would anyone be interested?
RE: Debate Challenge
Thank you, but no.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(November 15, 2015 at 6:33 pm)TruthisGod Wrote: Hello. I have been engaging in debates with atheists on the existence of God for many years now, and I still have yet to find a worthy opponent who is capable of defeating me. I'm here to issue a challenge to any atheist with the guts to take me on. Would anyone be interested?

ROFLOL
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
You've been demonstrating the existence of god for years now, and yet the entire world failed to notice your achievement?   I find that difficult to believe.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Nerp. I have no idea whether you are capable of forming a cogent argument. Based on your idea that a person can be defeated in a debate, I will gladly decline your offer.

If you'd like to establish yourself as a member here and prove yourself worthy of speaking on these topics, maybe that will change. You'd be the first.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
The existence of Yahweh has been going on for thousands of years, and I'm pretty sure the only reason we're still doing it is because believers are a stubborn lot.

The last time I commented on a thread like this, the OP met my comments by just copy/pasting directly from some site. If you want to debate a topic while using your own words, then I'd be willing to do it. Do you want to make some suggestions, or should I? I guess maybe our first discussion could be with the first story of the bible. How Yahweh supposedly created the world, and the story of the garden of Eden. Or if you want to take a less literal approach than the stories, we can talk about the idea of the universe needing a divince creator, and how we get from "divine creator" to Jesus. Or why I should worship your god, even if I knew he was real.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

TruthIsGod, with all due respect, what do you hope to achieve. Do you think the whole forum will implode? I won a debate recently. My opponent was not able to defeat the 5 Ways of Aquinas. Some spectators claimed that he did a bad job and that they could have done better. They haven't. The Five Ways remain decisive.
(November 15, 2015 at 6:59 pm)ChadWooters Wrote: TruthIsGod, with all due respect, what do you hope to achieve. Do you think the whole forum will implode? I won a debate recently. My opponent was not able to defeat the 5 Ways of Aquinas. Some spectators claimed that he did a bad job and that they could have done better. They haven't. The Five Ways remain decisive.

Well that's just remarkably misleading.

You won that debate because Metis plagiarised his whole response and then fled the forum in embarrassment. Your 'win' had exactly zero to do with the power of your argument.

But it's always okay to lie for Jesus, huh Chad?
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
You are way too impressed with that silly old medieval monk, Chad. 

Not to mention yourself.

Meanwhile, when the OP can produce a shred of evidence that his fucking god exists then he can be taken seriously.  For now, he can fuck off.
You kind of sound like a pompous ass, so I'll have to decline.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Free Will Debate Alan V 82 4518 November 27, 2021 at 7:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Debate Invitation John 6IX Breezy 3 673 September 1, 2019 at 2:05 pm
Last Post: John 6IX Breezy
Thumbs Up VOTE HERE: Final four questions for the Christian Debate vulcanlogician 43 4442 May 18, 2018 at 10:23 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  1st Call for Christian Only Debate: Our Role on AF Neo-Scholastic 132 16903 May 4, 2018 at 12:11 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The Definitive Post On The Free Will v. Determinism Debate BrianSoddingBoru4 17 3207 September 3, 2016 at 11:20 pm
Last Post: Arkilogue
  Hello, Anyone interested in a debate? Anima 355 79015 July 8, 2015 at 4:43 pm
Last Post: Anima
  Open challenge regarding the supernatural robvalue 38 6039 May 20, 2015 at 11:53 pm
Last Post: Faith No More
  Moral realism vs moral anti-realism debate is a moot point Pizza 1 1040 March 7, 2015 at 8:13 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Discussion on debate between Esquilax and His_Majesty. Esquilax 169 30668 November 16, 2014 at 2:43 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Can you help me debate better? Doggey75 20 3757 April 2, 2014 at 8:37 pm
Last Post: psychoslice