Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 1, 2024, 10:17 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thumbs down
Thumbs down
Has it ever been suggested that there could be a thumbs down option that works like the opposite of kudos?

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

RE: Thumbs down
Multiple times. Not gonna happen.
Yes, we even had negative reps once. At the time the staff decided to only keep kudos and positive reps.
Meh. I prefer the old fashioned method of quoting the offending post, then calling its author a c*nt.
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
(November 17, 2015 at 9:24 am)Tiberius Wrote: Multiple times. Not gonna happen.

What was the reasoning behind the decision?

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

I like the positive-only system. It encourages appreciation and gives less opportunities for abuse Smile
(November 17, 2015 at 9:53 am)paulpablo Wrote:
(November 17, 2015 at 9:24 am)Tiberius Wrote: Multiple times. Not gonna happen.

What was the reasoning behind the decision?

To avoid causing a massive forums war that pissed people off, made people rage quit the forums, led to much upset and totally disrupted the discussions and lightheartedness of the forums, I believe.

In short, to avoid making this place analogous to Youtube comments.

Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here.
I'd like to think it would work, but it wouldn't. Especially if banning were attached to a low thumbs up/down ratio. It's one thing to be a constructive poster in a messageboard. It's another to be, well...."cool".
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
(November 17, 2015 at 9:29 am)Homeless Nutter Wrote: Meh. I prefer the old fashioned method of quoting the offending post, then calling its author a c*nt.

What's a cont?
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
It's an abbreviation for the Continental map in the game Age of Empires.

I love that map I dunno what his problem is.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  https down? pocaracas 4 1589 September 29, 2013 at 9:33 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  Page displaying upside down on mobile safari Anomalocaris 3 2725 April 1, 2013 at 2:58 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Rate and thumbs buttons not working.. Brakeman 2 1318 February 21, 2013 at 9:16 am
Last Post: Tiberius
  Thumbs down button Rhizomorph13 55 15519 January 16, 2010 at 9:10 pm
Last Post: fr0d0