Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 1:26 pm

Poll: Do you still celebrate Christmas as an atheist?
This poll is closed.
Yes
73.33%
55 73.33%
No
17.33%
13 17.33%
Other
9.33%
7 9.33%
Total 75 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poll for atheists - Do you still celebrate Christmas and why?
Poll for atheists - Do you still celebrate Christmas and why?
I myself do. Although  not for any religious reasons, It just seems to me to be a good excuse to make kids happy. Am I a hypocrite for celebrating this holiday as an atheist?
I have no flipping clue how to add the polling options lol clicked "i want to post a poll" but theirs no where to add the options.
RE: Poll for atheists - Do you still celebrate Christmas and why?
It's a good excuse to get together with family and friends.

Of course, my mother is extremely Catholic, so she goes all out. along with many from her side of the family. Many from my Dad's side are johos, so they don't celebrate it at all and I'm glad to say we don't see them all that much.
Dying to live, living to die.
Yup. It's fun.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
Christmas is so commercialized that it's hardly even "in the name of Jesus" anymore.

If you really care, start calling it Newtonmas, they were both born on the same day, at least Isaac Newton has documentation.
Which is better:
To die with ignorance, or to live with intelligence?

Truth doesn't accommodate to personal opinions.
The choice is yours. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is God and there is man, it's only a matter of who created whom

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The more questions you ask, the more you realize that disagreement is inevitable, and communication of this disagreement, irrelevant.
(November 19, 2015 at 10:40 pm)heatiosrs Wrote: Christmas is so commercialized that it's hardly even "in the name of Jesus" anymore.

If you really care, start calling it Newtonmas, they were both born on the same day, at least Isaac Newton has documentation.

Though he was heavily into alchemy.
Dying to live, living to die.
Yes, but it wouldn't make a difference to me if my family stopped seeing as how my birthday is a week before so I have to wait 51 weeks for a Gift-giving event anyway, what's another week?

Plus, it kicks off an insane domino effect of holidays and gift-giving things anyway (holidays and birthdays in rapid-fire succession), so it would make life so much easier if my family only celebrated birthdays.
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
arrgh how did i double post this poll/question? fail
Nothing wrong with joining in the festivities. You'll be inundated with that shit anyway, so you might as well make the most of it. Have a cup of eggnog or two. Or three. Heavy on the rum, easy on the nog.

Now go spread some holiday cheer, goddammit!
I celebrate, because, why the feck not? Its especially important now that I moved and only get home a few times a year
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
Yes. Being raised Christian, it's a cultural thing. Same for Easter. It's not much of a religious celebration anyway, and never really has been for me (well except for Christmas when we'd go to church back when I went to church, but that was a long time ago)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dr. Bill Craig's Debates: Why do Atheists lose/run away from debating him? Nishant Xavier 123 7006 August 6, 2023 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  360 Million Christians Suffering Persecution: why arent Atheists helping? Nishant Xavier 48 2090 July 16, 2023 at 10:05 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Quick Poll - Do you believe in God? Tiberius 1632 451594 May 13, 2023 at 3:34 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Atheists, if God doesnt exist, then explain why Keanu Reeves looks like Jesus Christ Frakki 9 1003 April 1, 2023 at 4:07 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  Church of the atheists and prayer and supplication Eclectic 23 1905 September 19, 2022 at 2:34 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Gallup Poll for 2022 TheJefe817 27 3055 July 2, 2022 at 5:18 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Abortion poll Agnostico 75 7473 June 20, 2022 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
Lightbulb POLL: As an Atheist, What Do You View as Being the Most Rational Political Outlook? Engel 124 35331 June 1, 2022 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  why do people still have faith in god even after seeing their land turned into dust? zempo 8 1442 June 20, 2021 at 8:16 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Is it rational for, say, Muslims to not celebrate Christmas? Duty 26 2317 January 17, 2021 at 12:05 am
Last Post: xalvador88