Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 5:44 pm

Poll: What's the stupidest religious clothing
This poll is closed.
Turban
0%
0 0%
Yarmulka
0%
0 0%
Headscarf
0%
0 0%
Hijab
7.69%
1 7.69%
Niqāb
7.69%
1 7.69%
Burqa
69.23%
9 69.23%
Chador
0%
0 0%
Batula
15.38%
2 15.38%
Keffiyeh
0%
0 0%
Fez
0%
0 0%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stupidest religious clothing
Question 
Stupidest religious clothing
Can we do a quick voting on what is the stupidest religious clothing worn by everyday people every day?

Turban
[Image: 75b4e4e23cb19c66d603845b67917d15.jpg]
the headgear also serves as a religious observance, including among Muslims, who regard turban-wearing as Sunnah Mu'akkadah (confirmed tradition). Jews formerly wore turbans in Biblical times.

yarmulka
[Image: 305f08258de1b0a88ab8e50440a420ac.jpg]
worn by Jews to fulfil the customary requirement held by orthodox halachic authorities that the head be covered at all times.

Headscarf
[Image: babuskka.jpg]
In Judaism, married women are required to cover their hair with scarves, known as tichels or snoods, in compliance with the code of modesty known as tzniut.
Also lot of Christian women wear them especially in older age and when they go to church. Therefore it was always the quickest way to make woman look 70 years older then she is.

Hijab
[Image: rr32u9.jpg]
Veil that covers the head and chest, which is sometimes worn by some Muslim women beyond the age of puberty in the presence of adult males outside their immediate family as a form of modest attire.

Niqāb
[Image: black-burqa-441x350.jpg]
Worn by women to cover their "shameful" bodies.

Burqa
[Image: 736298-burqa.jpg]
Also known as beekeeper outfits is an enveloping outer garment worn by women in some Islamic traditions to cover their bodies when in public.

Chador
[Image: ey58wvapyfzdx7s68h4.jpg]
is an outer garment or open cloak worn by many Iranian women and female teenagers in public spaces or outdoors. Shi'a clerics claim: "appearing in public without their chandor is tantamount to nakedness."

Batula
[Image: batula.jpg]
Mask worn by muslim women

Keffiyeh
[Image: arafat-yasser-un-11-13-74.jpg]
Ok it provides protection from sunburn, dust and sand but it's pretty stupid that to see people wear it outside of deserts, like they do obvously because of religous reasons, especially by rich people that probably never even go to the desert.

Fez
[Image: 09zakir1.jpg]
Among the Muslim aristocracy of South Asia, the fez is known as the Rumi Topi (which means "hat of Rume or Byzantium"). It was a symbol of Islamic identity and showed the Muslims of the British Indian Empire' support for the Caliphate, headed by the Ottoman Sultan. Later, it became associated with the Muslim League, the political party that eventually created the country of Pakistan.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
RE: Stupidest religious clothing
Burqas are downright insane. 
But as far as stupid goes, sorry. Gotta go with the Magic Underwear.

[Image: ujheq.jpg]

[Image: ujhfw.jpg]

[Image: ujhh3.jpg]

[Image: ujhhp.jpg]

[Image: ujhi1.jpg]

[Image: ujhin.jpg]

[Image: ujhng.jpg]

[Image: ujho5.jpg]
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
What would Moses think?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...srael.html
Religious clothing in human history, all of it is superfluous superstitious garbage. Same with dietary superstitions.
Wow, I didn't know about it before, but that batula thing does look stupid.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

I wouldn't call it stupid, but I will say, I do not understand.  The sheitel.

[Image: a3414553cd91003bbd97cd3ebe5008d8.jpg]
The stupidest thing is not the items of clothing. But the fact that the authorities in my country allow people to wear such clothing that disguises their identity, even when walking into banks and on passport photos.
I once saw a bloke wearing a t-shirt with the motto 'Jesus Loves Me'.  While a nice chance from the near-ubiquitous 'Jesus Loves You', the shirt struck me as pretty fucking stupid.  I mean, if Jesus loves you, wouldn't he see to it that you dressed better?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I will say this turbans and head scarves are now more fashion items especially in the natural hair movement.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why does the Pope wear such funny clothing? GODZILLA 22 3277 June 27, 2018 at 2:24 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Stupidest religious "true story" you've ever heard?... EccentricAlien 37 9547 March 29, 2015 at 10:31 am
Last Post: Thackerie
  Religious moderates enable religious extremists worldslaziestbusker 82 32893 October 24, 2013 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: Optimistic Mysanthrope
  This Has To Be The Stupidest Thing Ever Handprint 13 3171 December 7, 2011 at 10:16 pm
Last Post: Aegrus