Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 3:00 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
José Saramago
José Saramago
José Saramago died yesterday Sad
A great writer (Nobel Prize of Literature) and atheist, his works give a great insight into human condition, with a very strange narrative style(100 line sentences, crazy comma play), and basher of religion Devil

Did you guys know that his book "Gospel by Jesus Christ" (<-- direct translation, I don´t know what is the english title for sure) was banned from Portugal when released?
RE: José Saramago
I've been interested his "Gospel According to Jesus Christ" ever since I heard about it on Wikipedia, but, unfortunately, I hadn't been able to find it at any of my usual Borders stores, and, honestly, with my reading queue currently at 11 books with about 3-4 thousand pages between them, it just hadn't been that high priority. Hopefully, I'll bump it up in my Books-to-get list.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(June 19, 2010 at 7:52 am)LastPoet Wrote: José Saramago died yesterday Sad
A great writer (Nobel Prize of Literature) and atheist, his works give a great insight into human condition, with a very strange narrative style(100 line sentences, crazy comma play), and basher of religion Devil

Did you guys know that his book "Gospel by Jesus Christ" (<-- direct translation, I don´t know what is the english title for sure) was banned from Portugal when released?
I'm from his country and he was pretty important here
Shame a greater person died, i didn't like his style of writing(NO PAUSES RAWR) but from reading it(and being forced to study his book Memorial do Convento for portuguese classes)i know he was a great author and a great thinker.
(June 19, 2010 at 5:35 pm)Ashendant Wrote:
(June 19, 2010 at 7:52 am)LastPoet Wrote: José Saramago died yesterday Sad

I'm from his country and he was pretty important here
Shame a greater person died, i didn't like his style of writing(NO PAUSES RAWR) but from reading it(and being forced to study his book Memorial do Convento for portuguese classes)i know he was a great author and a great thinker.

Well, I didn´t study Saramago on classes fellow tuga Big Grin on my time it wasn´t on highschool program at the time, but I've read that one and 'gospel by Jesus Christ' on my initiative. Granted, he had a unique style.