Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 1:37 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not a bad article.
Not a bad article.
Throws a few bones to the jesus freaks but in general should have them howling like they got their balls caught in a meat grinder.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/11/the-not-...mas-story/

Quote:The not-so-virgin birth and the real origins of the Christmas story

Quote:Christianity’s virgin birth narrative, both what it says and why it is poorly integrated into the rest of the Bible, is a fascinating study in cultural evolution. Specifically, it illustrates a process called “syncretism” whereby religions merge over time when cultures come into contact.
RE: Not a bad article.
Kinda figured that already lol
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
Yeah but this gives the jesus freaks someone else to call a quack because they study facts and shit and don't just believe the holy horseshit.
I like to call Christianity the Frankenstein's Monster of religions.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
And they will argue that even Frankenstein had a creator.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(November 27, 2015 at 1:11 pm)robvalue Wrote: I like to call Christianity the Frankenstein's Monster of religions.

A little off the subject but I saw Frankenstein when it first out (I couldn't have been much over seven or eight). I knew it was supposed to be a scary movie but I felt sorry for the monster. Somehow I felt he got a very raw deal.
Robert
Today is the best day of my life and tomorrow will be even better.

(November 27, 2015 at 1:11 pm)robvalue Wrote: I like to call Christianity the Frankenstein's Monster of religions.

A little off the subject but I saw Frankenstein when it first out (I couldn't have been much over seven or eight). I knew it was supposed to be a scary movie but I felt sorry for the monster. Some how I felt he got a very raw deal.
Robert
Today is the best day of my life and tomorrow will be even better.

(November 27, 2015 at 6:27 pm)ignoramus Wrote: And they will argue that even Frankenstein had a creator.

Of course all Frankenstein did was gather parts... including an enormous

(November 27, 2015 at 6:27 pm)ignoramus Wrote: And they will argue that even Frankenstein had a creator.

Hehe Smile

The main difference is that the monster took on a life of its own and could act independently. With Christianty, they have sewed together loads of dead bits of religion, but the monster then needs animating like a marionette. It's like the ideomotor effect. They don't realize they're doing it, and if they stopped, it would just slump to the floor.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Good read Min ... pretty logical and makes a lot of sense ...ta.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Video #2 Why bad things happen to Good people. Drich 13 1667 January 6, 2020 at 11:05 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  "Good" & "Bad" Christians? Fake Messiah 153 9903 August 27, 2019 at 12:45 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  Bad News For Evangelicals Minimalist 62 6406 November 15, 2018 at 8:10 pm
Last Post: Dr H
  A Good Article on David Fitzgerald's New Book Minimalist 1 1280 April 20, 2017 at 11:21 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Why Lust is bad, not gonna use "sin" reason but logical reason Rispri 27 5558 March 4, 2017 at 7:38 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  12 Unbelievably Bad Marketers in Jerusalem Firefighter01 65 8592 February 1, 2017 at 11:24 pm
Last Post: Firefighter01
  Good article on fundamentalism drfuzzy 8 1203 August 4, 2016 at 8:00 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Do You Need a Hug This Bad? chimp3 40 4418 July 13, 2016 at 5:46 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  So is crucifiction a bad or a good thing? Longhorn 75 22128 December 17, 2015 at 3:39 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Huffington post article today: "My Emancipation from American Christianity" drfuzzy 35 13585 December 6, 2015 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: dyresand