Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 2:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ohio Man wins War on Christmas Trolling Award
http://www.break.com/article/ohio-town-o...ne-2982231

Ohio Town Outraged By Zombie Jesus Nativity Scene On Man’s Lawn

Quote:For Today in Outrage we go to Sycamore Township, Ohio where resident Jason Dixon created a Halloween- Christmas mashup that was sure to offend somebody.  Nobody show the good people of Sycamore a screening of The Nightmare Before Christmas.
[Image: ohio-town-outraged-by-zombie-jesus-nativ...mage-1.jpg]
It’s not yet Thanksgiving and already people are getting pissed over Nativity scenes. Using props left over from his haunted house, Dixon built a Christmas Nativity scene on his front lawn replacing the baby Jesus with a little zombie. I think he is getting the Christmas story mixed up with Easter.
[Image: ohio-town-outraged-by-zombie-jesus-nativ...mage-2.jpg]
These men might have gotten so wise from eating all those brains. Dixon says that he wanted to make a nativity scene so he worked with what he had. Luckily for fans of zombies, he had plenty of the undead to make a ghoulish Christmas story that would be more fitting on an episode of The Walking Dead.
[Image: ohio-town-outraged-by-zombie-jesus-nativ...mage-3.jpg]

This is awesome! If I lived anywhere near Ohio I'd go see this.

Quote:Town officials are claiming that he is breaking ordinances that prevent him from building a structure on his front lawn that takes up more than 35 percent of the area. Dixon says that he is sure if it wasn’t for the Zombie Jesus, they wouldn’t be bothering him with this.

So, let's do some estimation:

Looking at the photo of the guy’s yard, and assuming the “fence” he built around the structure was made with 2x4s (which have an actual width of 3.5”) and the spaces between each board are roughly equal to the width of the adjacent 2x4s, then the “fenced” area is about 16’ wide by about 17’ deep. The nativity structure appears (again, by estimation) to be about 8’x8’, or 64 square feet.

Estimating off the photo, there appears to be about five or six feet of yard between the back of the nativity and the path to his front door. Likewise for the space to the left and to the front of the nativity. To the right there is a lot more yard space, so let’s approximate about 12 feet.

That means that his yard space is approximately 33’ wide by 27’ deep for a total of 891 square feet. The approximately 8’x8’ structure would then represent about 7% of his yard space. If you round down on the yard space to 800SF and up on the structure to 10’x10’, that still only represents 11.8% of his yard. Round again to 700 SF and a 12’x12’ structure, that’s 20.6%. If you assume the built structure includes fenced in area and approximate that fenced in area as 17’x17’, and my conservative estimates on the square footage of his yard (which is surely larger than what is shown in the provided photo, though perhaps not by much) which we’ll call 850SF, then the built structure represents 34% of his yard. And that’s not including his front walk, the area of yard to the right of his front walk extending back to the fence, or driveway in the total area calculation.

If the city ordinances limit built structures says you cannot have built structures that take up 35% of the area, then he’s surely within those limits.

[The original reporting on the story is from
http://www.fox19.com/story/27675701/deer...vity-scene
The nativity scene itself was erected last year, 2014]
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
RE: Ohio Man wins War on Christmas Trolling Award
This is awesome, and what makes it even better is our resident architect posting it and the dimensions!
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
But "dimensions" are facts and you know that christards hate facts like a vampire hates sunshine.
Can anyone else make out what is written of the fence besides dead and alive? Also noticed that he has an xmas tree.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(December 1, 2015 at 4:21 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Can anyone else make out what is written of the fence besides dead and alive? Also noticed that he has an xmas tree.

Thedeadsalive. The picket with an e on it fell down.
(December 1, 2015 at 3:21 pm)The_Empress Wrote: This is awesome, and what makes it even better is our resident architect posting it and the dimensions!

Well, estimates on the dimensions, which I why I gave the spread on smaller yard sizes and larger structures.

Plus, you know, I do think for a living (estimate sizes and dimensions of things off really bad photos) and I didn't have anything else to do today... Angel
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
This stuff I'm drinking is great. It made me think the title of this said Obi Wan won an award.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Yeah, I was scrolling through the New Posts list and thought the same thing Big Grin

Inadvertent win!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fifty years after the Yom Kippur War LinuxGal 71 4461 October 18, 2023 at 3:57 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Gog Magog civil war with the west WinterHold 37 2042 July 20, 2023 at 10:19 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Proxy war in Ukraine? Angrboda 151 5462 November 8, 2022 at 3:29 am
Last Post: Deesse23
  Holocaust survivor perishes as the result of another war Foxaèr 12 1327 May 2, 2022 at 8:23 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The last US military planes have left Afghanistan, marking the USA longest war. WinterHold 22 1565 August 31, 2021 at 6:48 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  J.K. Rowling had to return civil rights award Foxaèr 68 4943 October 16, 2020 at 10:39 am
Last Post: Rank Stranger
  Melania: "Fuck Christmas!" Fake Messiah 17 1345 October 2, 2020 at 4:36 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  BREAKING: Oil crashes by most since 1991 as Saudi Arabia launches price war WinterHold 52 3133 April 25, 2020 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Mr Greene
  Op/ed "War on" and "fighting" disease.... Brian37 21 1473 March 29, 2020 at 11:29 am
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
  Ohio At It Again BrianSoddingBoru4 16 1007 December 1, 2019 at 12:19 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye