Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:05 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"I can't see the wishom behind babies dying from cancer" is argument from ignorance
"I can't see the wishom behind babies dying from cancer" is argument from ignorance
Apparently there is wisdom behind Allah giving people cancer but humans are too ignorant to see that wisdom. And because Atheists can't see the wisdom behind cancer they are like toddlers who can't understand their parents. He also said Allah giving people cancer is Allah empowering them. WTF...Hamza.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxOzvEM2DO0

RE: "I can't see the wishom behind babies dying from cancer" is argument fro...
Hamza is such a dick-bag. I've been watching him embarrass himself against Essence Of Thought for a while now.
Verbatim from the mouth of Jesus (retranslated from a retranslation of a copy of a copy):

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you too will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. How can you see your brother's head up his ass when your own vision is darkened by your head being even further up your ass? How can you say to your brother, 'Get your head out of your ass,' when all the time your head is up your own ass? You hypocrite! First take your head out of your own ass, and then you will see clearly who has his head up his ass and who doesn't." Matthew 7:1-5 (also Luke 6: 41-42)

Also, I has a website: www.RedbeardThePink.com
RE: "I can't see the wishom behind babies dying from cancer" is argument from ignorance
God is unknowable. We cannot possibly understand his plan. Which means we can't possibly know if it's a good plan or not.

If giving people cancer is the only way he can achieve certain things, then he's not all powerful. If he does it anyway, he's a sadist. Logic armlock, God. Time to tap out you little bitch.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
RE: "I can't see the wishom behind babies dying from cancer" is argument from ignorance
Mark 16:18

. . . they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

So, if there is a community experiencing seemingly untoward numbers of babies dying of cancer, the only Literalist conclusion possible is there are no Christians there.

I would admonish the Liberal, backsliding, unobservant, unfaithful, sinful, cafeteria "Christians" there to knuckle down and get square with God. Clearly, if they were doing it right they could evidence those signs of their piety as promised in Scripture.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Exactly, rob. It is not an argument from ignorance if we have positive evidence (suffering) against a hypothesis (god is benevolent and omnipotent and therefore does not allow suffering).

However, I think the problem here is that they have not clearly defined benevolence, or rather, define it in a circular fashion. If you do not clearly define benevolence such that it includes avoiding all suffering of innocents, it turns into an argument from ignorance. If you define benevolence as "that which god wills", the argument is gone entirely bc good God is a tautology
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(December 3, 2015 at 8:51 am)robvalue Wrote: God is unknowable. We cannot possibly understand his plan. Which means we can't possibly know if it's a good plan or not.

Or that there is any plan.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
If we are the best that a god can do then that god is not very powerful or intelligent. Humans are chock a block full of design flaws. If it designed us with flaws on purpose then I have to question the motives and mind set.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
If god is unknowable, how the fuck do you know that Dodgy
(December 3, 2015 at 11:44 am)Vic Wrote: If god is unknowable, how the fuck do you know that Dodgy

If you don't know, that's when you know. Duh.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

"God is a cocksucker."

Some plan.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If god can't lie, does that mean he can't do everything? Foxaèr 184 11156 September 10, 2021 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: Dundee
  If artificial super intelligence erases humans, will theists see this as God's plan? Face2face 24 5225 March 5, 2021 at 6:40 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  The Jews are behind the NZ killings. ignoramus 4 1000 March 27, 2019 at 6:35 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  We can only see 4% of the universe ! WinterHold 25 2838 January 30, 2019 at 1:25 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  For those who believe the god of abraham was behind the big bang or evolution android17ak47 49 7929 November 1, 2018 at 10:52 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  God and Death, dying out. WinterHold 13 2242 May 14, 2018 at 9:27 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  How many churches/mosques/temples do you see everyday? Casca 23 2922 October 25, 2016 at 11:38 am
Last Post: TheRealJoeFish
  Do you see any benefits to religious faith? Mudhammam 228 31004 September 22, 2016 at 10:48 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  New vid: argument from ignorance explained through mining robvalue 56 8156 January 2, 2016 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: Pizza
  Can I be sued for saving someone's life? Yes I can Dystopia 25 5278 July 14, 2015 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: Jackalope