Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 11:54 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
December 3 1976: The day the pig flew.
December 3 1976: The day the pig flew.
39 years ago today Algie, the Pink Floyd pig, broke free of his moorings at Battersea power station during the Animals cover photo shoot. The flying pig caused air traffic into and out of Heathrow to be temporarily suspended as he drifted through the flight path. Algie eventually landed in a farmers field in Kent where the 40 foot pig terrorized a herd of cows before being recovered by the crew.
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
RE: December 3 1976: The day the pig flew.
Never trust an inflatable pig.
Dying to live, living to die.
I don't.

[Image: chris-christie1.jpg]
If that is true, that's just about the best thing I've read all year.
If The Flintstones have taught us anything, it's that pelicans can be used to mix cement.

-Homer Simpson
I love the image of a giant inflatable pig terrorising some cows.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
and on my birthday as well!

I've always had a soft spot for "animals" ...It was a special time in my life.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Oh is that how this scene was inspired?

[Image: Corbis-42-18233108.jpg?size=67&uid=a85a6...f5be07a523]
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

I was afraid to ask.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'