Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 9:29 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drones
Drones
Anyone got a drone yet or experienced flying one?

I was considering getting one for Christmas, there doesn't seem to be a really good middleground for prices on amazon, they tend to be either cheap ones less than £100 that look cheap, or shoot right up to £1000 which I don't want to be spending.

Also I have no idea of the legal implications of using these things yet but I'm sure there's probably loads of privacy and airspace laws that could easily be potentially violated.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

RE: Drones
We have a DJI Phantom 2 that we use a GoPro camera with. It's fantastic, but there is quite a learning curve with it. We have crashed it a lot, it's not as simple as it seems. That being said, it's pretty great once you get the hang of it.
I believe ours will not fly in an illegal airspace, it has a GPS on it. We have not tried, but I think that's part of its design.
If The Flintstones have taught us anything, it's that pelicans can be used to mix cement.

-Homer Simpson
I have RC Planes more specifically WW2 Planes.
I will be getting either the lancaster bomber or the B17 some time next year i used to like flying my corsair but someone
turned it on and the elevator broke on it. Sadly i was doing the decals on it walk away and i heard a snap.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
I'm thinking of buying a drone for X-mas. An expensive one, with automatic self-flight functions, GPS etc.
(December 7, 2015 at 9:07 am)bennyboy Wrote: I'm thinking of buying a drone for X-mas.  An expensive one, with automatic self-flight functions, GPS etc.

How much would you spend?

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

(December 7, 2015 at 9:09 am)paulpablo Wrote:
(December 7, 2015 at 9:07 am)bennyboy Wrote: I'm thinking of buying a drone for X-mas.  An expensive one, with automatic self-flight functions, GPS etc.

How much would you spend?

Maybe a couple thousand?  It depends on how much I love it, I guess.  Sometimes I'm a cheap value-buyer, sometimes I fall in love and money's no object.  But drones are pretty damn cool.
Ours was about 2 grand.
If The Flintstones have taught us anything, it's that pelicans can be used to mix cement.

-Homer Simpson
Are you good at hacking?

If so you might be able to get a predator drone...
Dying to live, living to die.
I thought this was going to be a thread about bees.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I might get a RC predator drone with working camera
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Using drones to watch on crime? Fake Messiah 32 2587 September 17, 2019 at 8:32 am
Last Post: EgoDeath