Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 5:25 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why I Can No Longer be an Atheist
Why I Can No Longer be an Atheist
As I write this novel, I realized that I’m creating a world. The people I’ve created have their own thoughts and feelings. They have desires and families, mothers and fathers, friends and enemies.

That makes me a god. I can’t not believe in myself.

But I’m not a fuckhead god who demands worship, nobody dies except the bad guy.

DISCLAIMER:
I just remembered, Vic doesn’t like any kind of god, even if it’s a good god. But Vic, I’m not YOUR god, so please don’t hate me because I love you.
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
RE: Why I Can No Longer be an Atheist
I am God to the 100 trillion bacteria living in my body. I can't directly control their lives, I can't hear, let alone answer their prayers and I probably wouldn't give a sh*t, even if I could - but the poor deluded little f*ckers don't know that. Tongue
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
@Rhonda

Do you know Gaarder's "Sophies World"?

(December 7, 2015 at 8:33 am)Homeless Nutter Wrote: I am God to the 100 trillion bacteria living in my body. I can't directly control their lives, I can't hear, let alone answer their prayers and I probably wouldn't give a sh*t, even if I could - but the poor deluded little f*ckers don't know that. Tongue

Giving a shit has rather apocalyptic consequences for many of them, actually...
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(December 7, 2015 at 8:35 am)Quantum Wrote: Giving a shit has rather apocalyptic consequences for many of them, actually...

Apparently - half my body's waste are bacteria and such. I like to think - those are the wicked ones and they need to be genocide-ed.

One day, if they piss me off - I'm going to go OT on them and drink a gallon of bleach. Haven't figured out how to make one build a boat yet... Undecided
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
(December 7, 2015 at 8:38 am)Homeless Nutter Wrote:
(December 7, 2015 at 8:35 am)Quantum Wrote: Giving a shit has rather apocalyptic consequences for many of them, actually...

Apparently - half my body's waste are bacteria and such. I like to think - those are the wicked ones and they need to be genocide-ed.

One day, if they piss me off - I'm going to go OT on them and drink a gallon of bleach. Haven't figured out how to make one build a boat yet... Undecided

Maybe they are the good ones that are being sent to nirvana at the waste treatment plant.

Bleach is a little radical, kind of like the flood. Just drink a gallon of Go-Lytely. Now that's some fine shitting, I tell you what.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(December 7, 2015 at 9:04 am)mh.brewer Wrote: Maybe they are the good ones that are being sent to nirvana at the waste treatment plant.

Nah. My ar*e is all - fire and brim-stone. Tongue

(December 7, 2015 at 9:04 am)mh.brewer Wrote: Bleach is a little radical, kind of like the flood. Just drink a gallon of Go-Lytely. Now that's some fine shitting, I tell you what.

Yes, admittedly I did not think that quite through... Oh, well - you know what they say: to err is divine.
(December 7, 2015 at 8:35 am)Quantum Wrote: @Rhonda

Do you know Gaarder's "Sophies World"?
I do now. Just downloaded it as an audiobook
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

--Voltaire

Of the 2 cats here, one definitely worships me. The little shit is obedient and I appreciate it and confer upon him blessings of the occasional Pounce Treat.

The other cat is clearly of the 'scripture' cherry picking variety, only minding me when it is convenient for him to do so.

As the local deity here, I can definitely attest to which of my feline followers is The Chosen Cat.

(and yes, I am absolutely sure this little real life parable will go right over the heads of all the 'Christians' that read this)
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(December 7, 2015 at 9:09 am)Homeless Nutter Wrote:
(December 7, 2015 at 9:04 am)mh.brewer Wrote: Maybe they are the good ones that are being sent to nirvana at the waste treatment plant.

Nah. My ar*e is all - fire and brim-stone. Tongue

(December 7, 2015 at 9:04 am)mh.brewer Wrote: Bleach is a little radical, kind of like the flood. Just drink a gallon of Go-Lytely. Now that's some fine shitting, I tell you what.

Yes, admittedly I did not think that quite through... Oh, well - you know what they say: to err is divine.
Just use hand sanitizer, It kills 99 % of bacteria on your skin. Your bacteria don't believe in you so they all deserve to die.

--Voltaire

(December 7, 2015 at 9:53 am)vorlon13 Wrote: Of the 2 cats here, one definitely worships me.  The little shit is obedient and I appreciate it and confer upon him blessings of the occasional Pounce Treat.

The other cat is clearly of the 'scripture' cherry picking variety, only minding me when it is convenient for him to do so.

As the local deity here, I can definitely attest to which of my feline followers is The Chosen Cat.

(and yes, I am absolutely sure this little real life parable will go right over the heads of all the 'Christians' that read this)
Many are called, but few are chosen.

An obedient cat? There's a miracle right there.

--Voltaire

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I no longer accept social distancing. onlinebiker 11 1216 April 13, 2021 at 10:49 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Miracle. Born again, again. I'm no longer atheist. Fruity 29 6273 November 3, 2013 at 3:49 am
Last Post: Angrboda