Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 9:24 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Pew Research poll - Muslims opinions on Islam
New Pew Research poll - Muslims opinions on Islam
I'll first start off by saying it's not exactly what I wanted to see, to be completely honest. I've been a big proponent of clarifying that most Muslims are peaceful and we shouldn't generalize on this forum through my posts. I am not retracting that, I haven't analyzed the data, I don't know whether or not something wasn't considered, etc. However, it says it in my signature and i'll say it here, Truth doesn't accommodate to personal opinions. So regardless of what I think, I feel that people should see this if they haven't already.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/201...the-world/

If you're lazy, here:
[Image: iuBXXpB.png]

Also, Islam's projected growth rate:
[Image: jrLApNh.png]

As I said, I haven't read the entire thing, I just found out about it an hour or so ago. I'll read it in the morning. I really dislike the idea of generalizing, or belittling a group of peoples, i'm not trying to be on a moral high horse, I just hate arriving at conclusions about people, as in like "This is what you are" if you get what I mean, so I am not thrilled to read it after seeing that poll, however I think a lot of people will want to discuss it so, discuss.

Edit:
Another important poll[Characteristics Westerners and Muslims associate with eachother];
[Image: 9RdmBVk.png]
Which is better:
To die with ignorance, or to live with intelligence?

Truth doesn't accommodate to personal opinions.
The choice is yours. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is God and there is man, it's only a matter of who created whom

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The more questions you ask, the more you realize that disagreement is inevitable, and communication of this disagreement, irrelevant.
RE: New Pew Research poll - Muslims opinions on Islam
The question to ask here is what do each of them mean by Sharia because there are multiple interpretations of it. Another question is what they mean by favoring it. Do they want it applied to non-Muslims as well? Or just Muslims?
RE: New Pew Research poll - Muslims opinions on Islam
Quote:The question to ask here is what do each of them mean by Sharia because there are multiple interpretations of it.

Most interpretations include throwing rocks, though.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Keep or Remove Religion Poll FrustratedFool 36 2579 December 11, 2023 at 2:40 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Question for Christians and Muslims Fake Messiah 24 2587 February 20, 2019 at 6:25 pm
Last Post: no one
  Muslims chime in...... Brian37 4 945 May 3, 2018 at 4:29 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Pew Research Neo-Scholastic 37 7445 April 30, 2018 at 5:55 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  How Do Christians Feel About the Testimony of Muslims and Vice Versa? Rhondazvous 24 4543 September 22, 2017 at 9:34 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Muslims drink human feces. WinterHold 25 7436 September 21, 2017 at 1:46 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Karma poll Little Rik 462 47606 December 28, 2016 at 9:12 am
Last Post: Little Rik
  Poll: Christians, is this man a hero or a Grinch in your eyes? Mystical 27 3494 December 19, 2016 at 10:01 am
Last Post: Mystical
  My favorite muslims bennyboy 46 7229 August 7, 2016 at 7:51 am
Last Post: RobertE
  Muslims opinions on ISIS Heat 21 4161 December 1, 2015 at 2:59 pm
Last Post: Drich