Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 12:36 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The book of Superstarr, chapter 1
The book of Superstarr, chapter 1
Yes, I was once a full-out Catholic. I went to church a lot, I prayed with my family, and I read the Old and New Testaments a few times. I was even involved in church services and I had a class in my church about the Bible. Untill one day, I re-read all of the bible literally. My Bible teacher told me that the bible was a literal book and that everything from the Old to the New testaments really did happen. I was a fool to think that. For 15 years, I was confined into my religion until those couple days of me reading the entire bible literally, according to my bible teacher, happened. The day I finished all the way up to Revelation, I was puzzled. I found exactly 87 inconsistances in there when reading the entire bible literally. I went up to my bible teacher and asked her "We are suppose to read the bible in a literal sence that every word has to be consistant with each other word, right?" She then answered "Yes, since this (she picks up a bible) book was inspired by the Heavenly Father up in Heaven, it must, since it's 100% perfect." Then, I showed her my bible, filled with sticky-notes and she literally yelled and said something like "How could you fill a perfect book with these stickies? You are contaminating its perfection!" I stopped her from taking any stickies out, and read to her every single inconsistancy that I found when I read it literally. Then I told her "Well, I read it literally like you asked all of us to, and I found all of these inconsistancies, and there are most likely more." Then she replied "How dare you say such a thing about the bible. You need to go directly to confession immediately and get rid of these stickies." I rebelled and said "No. I see what the bible really is. A book like any other fictional book filled with no truths and inconsistant wording." (I did say that in my class where there were students listening). I see what religion overall is, just a system of beliefs. Throughout my life, I thought that those beliefs were real, but now after reading the bible how Christians and Catholics say that it is to be read, and searched so many things, I see how weak and unsupported the religion is.

Yes, that really did happen. I did get kicked out of that class, and I was grounded for like 2 months. But then, it was like my older brother was following in my footsteps. He wasn't ever too religious to start with, but after asking me questions on how and why I decided to get free of religion, he too went to do some research and he also became athiestic. My Dad too. He know what I did, and he too became athiest. My mom still is a catholic, but not as strong as once before. And that's the story on how I broke confinment in religion
RE: The book of Superstarr, chapter 1
The Bible: Creating atheists for over 2000 years.
I 2nd that one Paul.......
Intelligence is the only true moral guide...
Amazing the number of ex christians on this forum who became that way after actually reading the bible.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
Yeah I'm amazed how many christians who have claimed to have read the whole bible, don't question the fact there are so many inconsistencies.

There's a list here:
Inconsistencies
I wonder how many of them actually have read the whole bible?

I suspect that most of 'em read the bits that have been selected by priests, pastors etc. Cherry-picking is endemic among the religious crowd.

Anyway, its a great story superstarr. You escaped religion by thinking for yourself. Well done.
He who desires to worship God must harbor no childish illusions about the matter but bravely renounce his liberty and humanity.
Mikhail Bakunin

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything
Friedrich Nietzsche
Worship
(June 26, 2010 at 1:46 pm)Caecilian Wrote: I wonder how many of them actually have read the whole bible?

I suspect that most of 'em read the bits that have been selected by priests, pastors etc. Cherry-picking is endemic among the religious crowd.

Anyway, its a great story superstarr. You escaped religion by thinking for yourself. Well done.

One of the students in there happened to be a childhood friend and told me "The bible is NOT to be read literally!! You got kicked out because you weren't reading it correctly." Then I told her "Well, the only way for the things in the bible to have been real life happenings, each and every other word needs to be consistant with every other word. And as you can see, the words aren't." She then replied, "as long as you have faith in the stories, they are true regardless of consistancy."then I told her "Aw shut up. I'm tired of hearing all of these 'Fairytale speakings'." We are still friends, but it's like she's been trying to revert me back or something.