Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 1:52 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mary's Womb Query
Mary's Womb Query
So, did gestating and birthing Jesus use up (for lack of better verbiage) all the Immaculate mo-jo Mary had, or did some remain to 'enhance' subsequent offspring ??

IOW, did having Jesus result in Mary sliding back into the sinful nature the rest of us are awash in all the time, or did she stay as she was, and if so, wouldn't that have been a significant positive for subsequent pregnancies ??
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

RE: Mary's Womb Queery
You're asking if Jesus left some kind of holy guarantee of high quality in Mary's baby maker?
So the catholicks say:

http://www.catholic.com/tracts/mary-ever-virgin

Quote:Mary: Ever Virgin

But of course, catholicks say lots of stupid shit so take it for what it is worth.
It depends on your religious tradition. As Min pointed out, Catholics believe her (and Joseph) remained virgins. Also the eastern Othodox and many protestants hold this belief as well. Most others say that they got it on and some believe they did have kids afterwards. This is actually a pretty new belief, as the bible explicitly mentions the brothers of Jesus.

From wikipedia:

Quote: The Gospel of Mark 6:3 and the Gospel of Matthew 13:55-56 state that James, Joses (or Joseph), Judas, and Simon were the brothers of Jesus, the son of Mary. The same verses also mention unnamed sisters of Jesus. Another verse in the Epistle to the Galatians 1:19 mentions seeing James, "the Lord's brother", and none other of the apostles except Peter, when Paul went to Jerusalem after his conversion. The "brothers of the Lord" are also mentioned, alongside (but separate from) Cephas and the apostles in 1 Corinthians 9:5, in which it is mentioned that they had wives. Some scholars claim that Jesus' relatives may have held positions of authority in the Jerusalem area until Trajan excluded Jews from the new city that he built on its ruins.[4]

I don't know how you really get around that one. I think my CCD teacher (who ironically believed in a literal Adam and Eve) said that the brothers of Jesus were metaphorical.

Note: It's also 'Query' Queery sounds like something else entirely.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
RE: Mary's Womb Query
(December 15, 2015 at 8:45 pm)ApeNotKillApe Wrote: You're asking if Jesus left some kind of holy guarantee of high quality in Mary's baby maker?

Yes.  The 'qualifications' and effects of and for Immaculate Conception (Mary's) would seem to be a life long characteristic imbuing her uro-genital tract.

And, too bad for the apostates, but the Bibble is real clear about subsequent gestations, so, what's it like to be the second (third, forth, etal) acts on that stage ??
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(December 15, 2015 at 8:39 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: So, did gestating and birthing Jesus use up (for lack of better verbiage) all the Immaculate mo-jo Mary had, or did some remain to 'enhance' subsequent offspring ??

IOW, did having Jesus result in Mary sliding back into the sinful nature the rest of us are awash in all the time, or did she stay as she was, and if so, wouldn't that have been a significant positive for subsequent pregnancies ??

When she was unknowingly impregnated against her will (supposedly while she was sleeping) Mary was married as far as I know, or she was at least betrothed. That means that Jesus was born of both rape and adultery, and the Bible frowns on one of those things. Jesus' conception is a sin by God's own standards.
While we are on the subject.....

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyath...ating-her/

Quote:Kids in Ireland Now Taught That an “Afraid and Confused” Mary Said “Yes” to God Impregnating Her

A better deal than the altar boys got with the pervert priests, eh?
(December 15, 2015 at 9:27 pm)ApeNotKillApe Wrote:
(December 15, 2015 at 8:39 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: So, did gestating and birthing Jesus use up (for lack of better verbiage) all the Immaculate mo-jo Mary had, or did some remain to 'enhance' subsequent offspring ??

When she was unknowingly impregnated against her will (supposedly while she was sleeping) Mary was married as far as I know, or she was at least betrothed. That means that Jesus was born of both adultery and rape, and the Bible frowns on one of those things. Jesus' conception is a sin by God's own standards.

I've always thought that if Mary, Joesph and Jesus were real people, the virgin birth is just a story that got waaaaay out of a control to hide the fact Joseph was banging his betrothed before they were married. Remember he had to hide it to prevent her from being stoned to death.
(December 15, 2015 at 9:33 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: I've always thought that if Mary, Joesph and Jesus were real people, the virgin birth is just a story that got waaaaay out of a control to hide the fact Joseph was banging his betrothed before they were married. Remember he had to hide it to prevent her from being stoned to death.

The idea that they cooked up the story together is an interesting angle, personally I had always imagined Mary had just cheated on her husband and she made up the whole 'God raped me' story to save her skin, which Joseph ended up believing somehow.
(December 15, 2015 at 9:40 pm)ApeNotKillApe Wrote:
(December 15, 2015 at 9:33 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: I've always thought that if Mary, Joesph and Jesus were real people, the virgin birth is just a story that got waaaaay out of a control to hide the fact Joseph was banging his betrothed before they were married. Remember he had to hide it to prevent her from being stoned to death.

The idea that they cooked up the story together is an interesting angle, personally I had always imagined Mary had just cheated on her husband and she made up the whole 'God raped me' story to save her skin, which Joseph ended up believing somehow.

I mean it's all speculation anyway, either version is more likely then God impregnating her. Spoiler alert: There is no god.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did Mary and Joseph ever have sex? Fake Messiah 41 7267 March 18, 2020 at 8:05 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  GOD RAPED MARY Bow Before Zeus 135 21346 November 29, 2017 at 10:30 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  The Trinity and Mary vorlon13 52 14502 May 30, 2017 at 12:28 pm
Last Post: Lek
  Mary is not a virgin by the Bible accounts Fake Messiah 26 3774 September 30, 2016 at 6:11 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Do you think Virgin Mary was hot? Zidneya 29 14395 May 3, 2014 at 2:37 am
Last Post: Zidneya
  Virgin Mary, Ark of the Covenant Phatt Matt s 179 24819 March 27, 2014 at 11:09 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
Wink If Mary was impregnated by God without her consent first, why didnt, FractalEternalWheel 15 5763 December 28, 2013 at 6:07 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Mary's 10 Year Pregnancy! YahwehIsTheWay 141 49377 November 14, 2013 at 7:29 pm
Last Post: Statler Waldorf
  The Blessed Virgin Mary -- Immaculate Deception Gooders1002 4 2626 September 21, 2012 at 3:25 pm
Last Post: genkaus
  Serious Query Regarding Jesus Orion3T 52 19927 April 1, 2012 at 11:31 pm
Last Post: zip_ster