Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 4:56 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey mo3, Hey mo3! Nyuck nyuck!
Hey mo3, Hey mo3! Nyuck nyuck!
Mo3, I do have one thing to thank you for. I now know more about Islam than ever before, because you encouraged me to look into it. It has had the opposite effect from the one you intended, but you still get the credit. So, thank you mo3, for helping me to understand how silly and delusional Muslim beliefs are.

But that’s not the reason I asked you here. I would like you to read something. Here is an article from Associated Content News entitled The Problem of the Historical Mohammed: Confronting Myths About the Life and Divinity of Mohammed. I’d like to hear your thoughts on it. The entire article is Here.

It’s long, but I still suggest you read it thoroughly. However, because I know that you won’t, I’m going to quote some bits of it for you in the hope that you can provide coherent and intelligent rebuttal. Or admit that it is correct. Whichever you like.

Quote: Consider for example the claim that Mohammed himself was a morally perfect, infallible quasi-divinity whose life we must dedicate ourselves to imitating. As such, the moral character he shows in the Koran has become the foundation for strictly theocratic authoritarianism throughout Anatolia and the Middle East. This has resulted in some unbelievably harsh treatment of supposed "immorality" in these nations, amounting to public executions, torture, and so on. Consider that until very recently in Pakistan, a woman had to be able to produce at least four witnesses in order to file a rape suit against a man (an impossible task 99% of the time), or she herself could be prosecuted for adultery. Why? Because that is the law as it appears in Islamic canon.

Have you ever bothered to learn who your prophet really was, mo3?

Quote: Famous Muslim-turned-atheist Ibn Warraq, author of the bestselling "Why I Am Not A Muslim" writes of the "ruthless fanaticism into which the teachings of the Prophet was fast drifting [3]" in the Medinan period. Another story, recounted by Ibn Ishaq, tells of one man who was tortured by having a fire on his chest kindled with flint and steel until near death, at which point Mohammed beheaded him and took his wife as a concubine [4]. The early Koran was silent on such military matters as torture, but the verses revealed after the meteoric rise of Islam as a viable military force amongst the tribes of the Arabian Peninsula offer a wealth of provisions for murder and massacre. The Hadith 5:59:32 [5] also tells of a charming incident in which Mohammed had as many as 900 unarmed POWs simply beheaded, and the women and children sold into slavery.

Your prophet was a blood-thirsty warlord.

Quote: Mohammed, whom the Koran refers to as the Prophet, is not an exception, the angry cries of heresy from the modern Muslim far-right establishment notwithstanding. In the Muslim world, mere depiction of this mortal man is a crime, as the Muslim establishment made so loudly clear following the revelation of the existence of some cartoons in the Netherlands depicting the Prophet. He has been deified in a way that transcends all reason; millions of people throughout the Muslim world actually invest in the enormous modern pantheon that is the Mohammed cult of personality.

Your prophet was not a god.

Quote: Make no mistake: Mohammed was something of a ladies man. Undisputed historical sources list no less than twelve wives, most of them concurrently, ranging in ages from 6 to 65, married for reasons ranging from cementing alliances with allies such as Abu Bakr, to simple lust, as in Aisha's case. Then there is the awkward historical fact that one of his wives, Maria al-Qibtiyya, an Egyptian slave, who, according to non-Muslim historical sources, became pregnant with the Prophet's son before they were married (the son, Ibrahim, did not live long after birth).

Your prophet was a ladies man. A bigamist pedophile ladies man.

Quote: Just as his vast career of lust starts picking up, God comes down just in time and tells Mohammed that he, and he ALONE, is exempt from laws regarding polygamy, as we read in the Koran 33:50 [2]. Later in that same Surah, we see that Mohammed's wives alone were forbidden from remarrying after his death (33:53), which is a little bit awkward because Mohammed married 10 widows. The personal motivation here is clear and obvious; why do so many Muslims just take it in stride that God's desire that Mohammed alone be exempt from polygamy be expressed right after Mohammed starts shacking up with all sorts of women in Medina?

Your prophet was a dictator and a liar.

Quote: One day in Mecca, Mohammed was reciting Surah 52 of the Koran (al-Najm), with his followers and scribes listening intently as always. At one point in this narrative, he said something that sounds a bit funny: "Have you thought of Allat and al-'Uzza and Manat the third, the other: These are the exalted Gharaniq, whose intercession is hoped for. [6]"

In short, Mohammed was on the record exhorting his followers to worship three pagan goddesses (Allat, al-Uzza, and Manat). How could this be? The Prophet is supposed to be infallible! Abu Bakr had all references to these verses, popularly known as the "Satanic Verses," deleted from the Koran after the Prophet's death, he himself abrogated it quickly from his recitation, and modern Islamic scholars offer all sorts of idiotic excuses for this obvious aberration of prophecy. Some say that Satan tempted and corrupted the Prophet into uttering these verses. Others say Mohammed didn't say them at all and that Satan simply took on the Prophet's voice to mislead his followers.

Your prophet was possessed by Satan.

Quote: For example, throughout the Muslim world it is simply a common understanding that Mohammed first began receiving the Koran after ascending to heaven on a magical, winged horse.

Your prophet was insane.

You said that you are Muslim, because you researched all of the alternatives and only believe that Islam is the truth. So, you already believed there was a god, read the ‘books’, and decided that the book you’d been indoctrinated to believe was the one truth. How surprising. What I want to know is, how can you believe that this blood-thirsty, murderous, womanizing, lying, crazy man was actually your god’s chosen mouthpiece? How can you believe that this tyrannical dictator should be the one and only role model for your entire way of life? How can you possibly believe that is true?
RE: Hey mo3, Hey mo3! Nyuck nyuck!
in addition to all, Allah is a former pagan god..
Quote:Many that live deserve death. Some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them, Frodo? Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. Even the very wise cannot see all ends.

Gandalf The Gray.
the smartest thing to do is to read history about islam from a non muslim lol
you are just searching for what you want to hear ok the internet is filled with this lies and i dont care dont get me into this bullshit. i thought that you are a free thinker and you aware of programming and brainwashing and you still use this silly claims to believe that all religions is a delusion

if you are interested there is what some non muslims say about him:

http://www.islam101.com/dawah/what_muhammad.html

but of course you will believe mike larsen Smile
So your just going to discount any evidence that doesn't agree with your views, I'm not surprised.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Quote:the smartest thing to do is to read history about islam from a non muslim lol

Absolutely, lad. Surely you don't think that 'believers' can be trusted to tell the truth about their silly gods?

How naive are you?
and of course you mo3taz3nbar, you believe Adnan Oktar(harun yahya.) If you want to read something i suggest you read Turan Dursun(who was a ex mufti in Turkey)a great schollar and expert of ancient arabic langauge.(he has several masterpices about islam.)
He was murdered by some unknown muslim fanatics in his home! actually terrorist organization Hizbullah is involved
And one more thing, everything Paul mentioned is true. Muhammed was not a good man and islam is not a peaceful religion. wake up...
People like you who tries to cover islam's real face only granting legitimacy to those crimes and savagery.
Quote:Many that live deserve death. Some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them, Frodo? Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. Even the very wise cannot see all ends.

Gandalf The Gray.
(June 27, 2010 at 1:55 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: So your just going to discount any evidence that doesn't agree with your views, I'm not surprised.
now you use history and claims from people to be evidence? lol
Same reason we don't trust church folklore and propaganda to understand the history of Christianity.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
(June 27, 2010 at 2:08 pm)mo3taz3nbar Wrote:
(June 27, 2010 at 1:55 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: So your just going to discount any evidence that doesn't agree with your views, I'm not surprised.
now you use history and claims from people to be evidence? lol

i still dont see any refutation on any of Paul's very pertinent accusations: he uses both history and your own book to accuse your prophet, now provide evidence that can excuse, or at least explain, the very "evil" behaviour of you prophet
Oh, apologists can always concoct some reason to excuse their holy heroes' barbarisms. Anyone that their god murders apparently had it coming. I guess that includes infants.