Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 6:07 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Merry Christmas One and all!
Merry Christmas One and all!
This is the Christmas season, and I am here to wish you all a very Merry Christmas.

I am so sorry you don't have the Lord in your life, and thus cannot enjoy Christmas in the way a Christian can.

Without Jesus to celebrate, you just have a bunch of tinsel, snow,elves reindeer and fattening foods. It can all be taken away tomorrow, but Jesus is forever.

I know all of you have sadnesses and struggles you deal with daily. You have a friend who can help and support you during these difficult, snowy times, and His name is Jesus. Don't be afraid for having hurt his feeling so.

On this the eve of his birthday, get down on your knees and say "Jesus, I trust in you!!!". He will be your friend and companion, and give you friendship like none other!!!!
RE: Merry Christmas One and all!
You forgot the gifts.

Also I already have a friend who can help me through my struggles. Her name is Vodka.
Lick my ass, True Christian.
And Merry Christmas!
Jesus can kiss my ass.

Oh, and merry Christmas to you too!
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
Fuck yaweh and jesus >_>

But merry christmas to you too.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
I wish you a merry Christmas! Smile
Christmas is such an awesome pagan festival! A totally awesome excuse to buy presents!

I say it's a pagan festival because it is... and it's got fuck-all to do with Jesus Big Grin
(December 24, 2015 at 4:05 pm)Evie Wrote: Christmas is such an awesome pagan festival! A totally awesome excuse to buy presents!

I say it's a pagan festival because it is... and it's got fuck-all to do with Jesus Big Grin

It has nothing to do with Jesus other than being named after him Rolleyes

Whatever makes you feel better about celebrating a religious holiday I guess....

Of course Christmas has it's roots in roman paganism, you have to remember that after the Jews (keep in mind the early Christians were Jews) were expelled from Rome under Claudius, the newly converted Romans began adding pagan Roman tradition into Christianity to appeal to a wider Roman audience, which resulted in the Roman Catholic Church.

The Roman Catholic church is full of pagan tradition, for example.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pontifex_Maximus

Quote:The Pontifex Maximus (Latin, literally: "greatest pontiff" or "greatest bridge-builder") was the high priest of the College of Pontiffs (Collegium Pontificum) in ancient Rome. This was the most important position in the ancient Roman religion, open only to patricians until 254 BC, when a plebeian first occupied this post. A distinctly religious office under the early Roman Republic, it gradually became politicized until, beginning with Augustus, it was subsumed into the Imperial office. Its last use with reference to the emperors is in inscriptions of Gratian (reigned 375–383) who, however, then decided to omit the words "pontifex maximus" from his title.

The word "pontifex" later became a term used for Christian bishops, including the Bishop of Rome, and the title of "Pontifex Maximus" was applied within the Roman Catholic Church to the Pope as its chief bishop. It is not included in the Pope's official titles, but appears on buildings, monuments and coins of popes of Renaissance and modern times.

These pagan traditions originated in ancient Babel (Babylon) which also had a so-called "queen of Heaven", which were then adopted by the Egyptians, then the Greeks, then the Romans, and now it is part of the Roman Catholic church.

This is who the book of Revelation is referring to when it mentions Babylon the great.

Quote:3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.
4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:
5 And upon her forehead was a name written, Mystery, Babylon The Great, The Mother Of Harlots And Abominations Of The Earth.
6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus:

Anyways, Merry Christmas!
(December 24, 2015 at 3:17 pm)Thena323 Wrote: Lick my ass, True Christian.
And Merry Christmas!

I think she likes you?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
[Image: latest?cb=20050915232857]
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Relic to return to Bethlehem in time for Christmas zebo-the-fat 18 2182 December 8, 2019 at 7:52 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Christmas again! zebo-the-fat 14 1481 December 2, 2019 at 6:50 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  The War on Christmas Chad32 29 4017 January 15, 2019 at 1:58 pm
Last Post: Phoque
  There is still time to covert to Christianity before Christmas! Loading Please Wait 12 3233 January 29, 2017 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: The Wise Joker
  Christmas Traditions and Biblical Contradictions with Reality Mystical 30 5193 December 8, 2016 at 10:01 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Keep Santa in Christmas Doubting Thomas 28 2936 December 7, 2016 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Pope Francis backs peace efforts in Christmas Day message zebo-the-fat 63 14958 December 27, 2015 at 7:55 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  "The Lord has redeemed all of us, all of us..." should we be grateful? Whateverist 325 67140 July 21, 2015 at 3:02 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  10 best things about being an atheist on Christmas Minimalist 26 5817 December 23, 2014 at 12:16 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  Kirk Cameron-Don't drink the koolaid and think Christmas had pagan origins. downbeatplumb 122 18244 December 8, 2014 at 10:45 am
Last Post: Tonus