Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 2:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why i choose science reason and atheism over religion
Why i choose science reason and atheism over religion
For starters i lack the reasoning to believe in a god and anything in the bible. I can strongly reason with something like science 
which is based on fact. Religion if it's wrong there are processes it goes through to change to get the right answer. What is this
process you may ask it's called the scientific method. The method in which we test gather data and get our evidence but
the great part of that we should always get the same answer each time until it is a scientific theory. You have something like
the bible it is not based in any sort of reality what so ever and the god of the bible clearly acts like he is human, because well
he was written up by humans. Before i got off on a tangent i will say this think of all the times during our nations tragedies
or even better yet any point in time. I say this because the incident in kitrina a few years back was god there no, sandy hook
was god there to protect the children no, was god there when a guy shot up a movie theater no, was god there when 9/11 happened
no. It should be more clear if i had to point it out like that your god you believe in sure as hell doesn't care about us or you know
doesn't exist. That being said i highly doubt a god exists even on some degree even if it doesn't give a fuck about us should you know 
now and then be like hey are you guys okay.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
RE: Why i choose science reason and atheism over religion
For me, it's more that I was never exposed to any of this stuff during my formative years. I was encouraged to read from a very early age (my parents taught me to read - and spell, sorry - way before I started school) and I digested masses of information voraciously; one might even say rapaciously. That plus my father encouraging my interest in the night sky meant that I saw the Universe and never the heavens. By the time I read up on how the bible was put together (hint: it wasn't dictated by any god) plus the political rise of religion during tha Dark Age and backed into the forum world via da Vinci (long story), the immunisation was long complete.

Put another way:

I was never taken in by the con trick back when I was alive. I'll be buggered sideways with a rusty chainsaw before I fall for it now.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
I don't choose atheism or reason, it's just the way I am.

As for science, I choose to look at the evidence and it compels me to believe in that evidence. But I don't read as much scientific stuff as I perhaps should. I don't do a lot of reading to be honest because I find it hard to read and listen to music simultaneously and I'm pretty much always listening to music.
This thread feels like a no brainer. No wait, that would be theism.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I just have an unjustified faith that no god is trying to communicate with me. The bushes might be lousy with gods for all I know. But until one of them shows the good manners to introduce Itself, fuck em'.
Hi dyresand, with all due respect I'm a person who doesn't need to know the explanation as to how we humans evolved, created or any other ways. I live in the present. I am responsible for my actions. I alone make my fate and save myself. The universe is vast. So vast that a single grain of sand cant justify how insignificant we are on earth. I don't see the point of looking for answers, instead i just live my life righteous and let nature take it's own course.
"No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path" - Gautama Buddha
(December 26, 2015 at 11:26 am)miaharun Wrote: Hi dyresand, with all due respect I'm a person who doesn't need to know the explanation as to how we humans evolved, created or any other ways. I live in the present. I am responsible for my actions. I alone make my fate and save myself. The universe is vast. So vast that a single grain of sand cant justify how insignificant we are on earth. I don't see the point of looking for answers, instead i just live my life righteous and let nature take it's own course.

Which is  fine with me i don't really mind that. I want to know as much as i can about this world instead of 
believing in things that are wrong. I find science and nature very interesting and i like any other person wanting
knowledge would go and look for it.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(December 26, 2015 at 11:43 am)dyresand Wrote:
(December 26, 2015 at 11:26 am)miaharun Wrote: Hi dyresand, with all due respect I'm a person who doesn't need to know the explanation as to how we humans evolved, created or any other ways. I live in the present. I am responsible for my actions. I alone make my fate and save myself. The universe is vast. So vast that a single grain of sand cant justify how insignificant we are on earth. I don't see the point of looking for answers, instead i just live my life righteous and let nature take it's own course.

Which is  fine with me i don't really mind that. I want to know as much as i can about this world instead of 
believing in things that are wrong. I find science and nature very interesting and i like any other person wanting
knowledge would go and look for it.

I think I get what you're saying, Dyre.  But I think miaharum makes a good point.  I'd take it a step further and say, regardless whether or not I'm interested in origins, it is fine to admit one doesn't know how we got to where we are today.  As former believers it is possible to feel at a disadvantage to theists because they have lots of ready to hand answers to 'big' questions .. even to some that border on incoherence.  One needn't have strongly held beliefs to counter balance those which theists hold.  What should set us apart isn't which answers we are cock sure of, but rather our unwillingness to cling to poorly supported beliefs .. even if it means admitting we just don't know the answer to a question.
Science isn't the answer to every question. When you get to a place that it is, you're in a rut.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(December 26, 2015 at 4:13 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote: Science isn't the answer to every question.  When you get to a place that it is, you're in a rut.

Magic will get you out of that rut.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another reason why Christians go to church Alexmahone 40 4714 August 20, 2018 at 10:35 am
Last Post: Cod
  Human Reason and Christian Denominations Bahana 92 14962 April 20, 2018 at 9:25 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Reason why aliens coming here will want to kill us Fake Messiah 20 6143 October 11, 2017 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Could I sue my religion over this? Won2blv 21 3303 October 8, 2017 at 8:18 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why Lust is bad, not gonna use "sin" reason but logical reason Rispri 27 5511 March 4, 2017 at 7:38 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Theist ➤ Why ☠ Atheism is Evil Compared to ✠ Christianity The Joker 177 26844 December 3, 2016 at 11:24 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  There's a Reason Why Christians do Stupid Things Rhondazvous 37 6947 October 26, 2016 at 4:36 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  In Case You Need A Reason To Despise Baptist Scum-suckers Minimalist 93 9087 July 1, 2016 at 11:35 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  The ignorance of science and the big bang in christianity dyresand 10 2249 May 1, 2016 at 2:25 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The number one reason not to follow Christianity Aegon 43 8899 March 11, 2016 at 10:56 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger