Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 1:10 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carry On at the Proms
Carry On at the Proms
Not sure if I ever posted this before - I probably did - but I recently rewatched this and wanted to share.

It's a note-perfect medley of Eric Rogers' beautiful scores from a selection of the Carry On films, showcasing some of his musical 'easter egg' jokes, performed at the BBC Proms at the Royal Albert Hall in 2009:

I recognise all of them, naturally, but it's hard to put names to faces in some instances; if only that video screen of relevant scenes in the background was more visible. So I cribbed this from the comments:

0:00 -- 1:40 Theme and opening scene to "Carry On Camping"
3:42 -- 5:22 Theme to "Carry On Cabby" (the four-note melody echoing the original title "Call Me A Cab" before it was adopted into the Carry On family)
5:23 -- 6:14 Poignant scene between Sid James and Joan Sims in "Carry On At Your Convenience"
6:15 -- 6:41 Barbara Windsor's theme from "Carry On Doctor"
6:42 -- 7:00 More scenes from "Carry On Doctor"
7:01 -- 8:15 Theme to "Carry On At Your Convenience"
8:16 -- 9:38 Theme to "Carry On Henry"
9:40 -- More scenes from "Carry On Doctor" and its closing fanfare

I do hope you enjoy this offering. Fantastic music from a much-loved and much-missed composer, not to mention echoes of an era in British comedy that sadly will never happen again.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'