Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 7:43 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi
Hi
Hi, I'm a Brit atheist, quite vocal sometimes,very feminist and hate the guts out of all those anti-female religions Big Grin I mooch around other forums as well, off and on due to work taking me away or getting too busy with life- may not post for weeks on end then will post a flurry of nonsense with a bit of sense sandwiched between it Big Grin

Anyway- hi Smile
RE: Hi
Welcome to the forums Big Grin
"God is dead" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Faith is what you have in things that DON'T exist. - Homer J. Simpson
Hi,

I hope you enjoy your stay Smile
Welcome aboard!
Oh great, a feminist... Tongue

But what kind of feminist I wonder?

Welcome to the forums!
(June 29, 2010 at 6:51 am)Tiberius Wrote: Oh great, a feminist... Tongue

But what kind of feminist I wonder?

One that supports womens rights, perhaps Confusedhock:

Welcome, culpepper. Always nice to have yet another british atheist, and good to have an additional female member.
He who desires to worship God must harbor no childish illusions about the matter but bravely renounce his liberty and humanity.
Mikhail Bakunin

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything
Friedrich Nietzsche
There are many different forms of feminism y'know...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feminism#Mo...ideologies

I'm just wondering which type she is. I support various types of feminism, and I'm vehemently opposed to several others. I'm all for equal rights between men and women, but I'm against women who think that women should have more rights than men, or be of a "higher status" than men.
Good point Adrian...good point.

I too support feminism, the day when everyone is equal will be a great day for the world.
"God is dead" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Faith is what you have in things that DON'T exist. - Homer J. Simpson
(June 29, 2010 at 8:21 am)Tiberius Wrote: There are many different forms of feminism y'know...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feminism#Mo...ideologies

I'm just wondering which type she is. I support various types of feminism, and I'm vehemently opposed to several others. I'm all for equal rights between men and women, but I'm against women who think that women should have more rights than men, or be of a "higher status" than men.

Ditto. There are feminist writers whose views I support (e.g. Emma Goldman); there are feminist writers whose views I despise (e.g. Andrea Dworkin).

I am strongly in favour of freedom and equality. I am equally strongly against censorship.
He who desires to worship God must harbor no childish illusions about the matter but bravely renounce his liberty and humanity.
Mikhail Bakunin

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything
Friedrich Nietzsche
well wow! from hello and welcome to feminism in one sweep Big Grin

I am in fact the 'kind of feminist' who loves equality and hates inequality of any sort- one of the many many many reasons I hate religions of all kinds- and yes 'even' (as some have put it to me - Buddhism and others who think they treat females as equals

I'm not a great reader of feminist writers- I am nearing 50 and have read most of it before in various guises so these days I tend to read for pleasure or for my work-which is reading enough in itself!

I am also against censorship except when it comes to children - there you will find an impasse for many many reasons- not the least of which is my work Big Grin

I love science and a I'm a bit of a geek but you won't find me debating sciency things because I am one of those people who thinks they never know enough about a subject and would rather leave it to the experts- you will, however, find me 'debating' anything to do with mental health, children or women - hope that answers some of the questions?