Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 8:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catholic Abuse Choir Children
Catholic Abuse Choir Children
Quote: "More than 200 children may have been abused, some of them sexually, by adults working with a Catholic children's choir in southern Germany, a lawyer tasked with investigating the allegations said Friday."

Get this, Quote: "The diocese has previously offered to pay 2,500 euros in damages to each of the victims." Is that the going rate for abuse?

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/5208dd869...olic-choir
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
RE: Catholic Abuse Choir Children
I think that you'd have to pay more than that for a decent underage hooker in germany. Looks to me like they're shopping for a discount rate on volume.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Yes, but that's rather old news. These cases made big headlines in 2010/11 when the allegations surfaced. Southern Germany, which is mainly catholic and Austria were the hotspots in Europe. Even more so, since, similar to Ireland, there are quite a few catholic boarding schools and orphanages.

Ireland, of course, had similar problems. At the same time, since we're mainly talking about the 60ies, 70ies and early 80ies, when the church had much more power than it has now.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Wait!  Wait!!!

Quote:Weber, who was commissioned by the Catholic diocese of Regensburg, said that former Domspatzen conductor Georg Ratzinger must have known of at least some of the abuses. Ratzinger, the older brother of Emeritus Pope Benedict XVI, has previously denied knowledge of the incidents.

No shit.  Der Panzer Pope was his brother?  Talk about a family affair!
The Catholic Church loves kids. No surprise there.
Where even does the catholic church's obsession with kids come from? That's what i wanna know.
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. For if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes unto you."
"They subjugate the meek / but it's the rhetoric of failure ... "

(January 8, 2016 at 3:55 pm)Pony Wrote: The Catholic Church loves kids. No surprise there.

It sounds dirty when you say it like that.
Anecdotal story for the time when the shit first hit the fan. They interviewed a monk about it and he told the story of having locked the abbey entrance in the evening. At the same time, parents with their child walked by, stopped, pointed at him and told their child, they should never approach someone looking like that because it's very dangerous.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRT95aDtSVBgt8-Qpdqn-F...8gQsFouXvs]
I am John Cena's hip-hop album.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Saudi Arabia: beating children is finally recorded and exposed WinterHold 13 1243 November 21, 2019 at 6:06 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Saudi Arabia: Leaked reports reveal severe abuse of political prisoners-The Guardian WinterHold 6 1101 April 13, 2019 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  Should ISIS fighters/wives/children be repatriated? brewer 112 6818 March 9, 2019 at 9:52 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  Fucking Catholic Sacks of Shit Minimalist 0 435 October 28, 2018 at 9:39 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Catholic abuse investigations expand. brewer 29 2915 September 11, 2018 at 4:57 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  Pope Francis Abuse Scandal Catholic_Lady 101 10350 September 5, 2018 at 6:59 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Yemen children massacre WinterHold 14 1698 September 5, 2018 at 6:11 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Four kids & mom of Catholic family die in a house fire. Jehanne 114 17242 March 9, 2017 at 12:08 am
Last Post: Faith No More
  Catholic Church Opposes Removing Statute of Limitations for Child Rape SteelCurtain 89 9186 May 1, 2016 at 3:22 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Yes, it WAS abuse, but damn it's funny vorlon13 8 1351 March 3, 2016 at 4:23 am
Last Post: Joods