Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 4, 2024, 6:13 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Riddles, again.
Riddles, again.
Yes, I know there's already a riddle thread, but I don't much feel like getting snarked at for necroposting, so...

Ran across a few I thought weren't half bad. Have fun.

I consort with the vilest of thieves, and I am at home with depravity. I'm into time travel and I reside at the centre of never. Who am I?

Apart, we make no sense. Together, we are one, but no longer enjoyable. What are we?

If you break me, I don't stop working. If you touch me, I may be ensnared. If you lose me, nothing seems to matter. What am I?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
RE: Riddles, again.
(January 10, 2016 at 6:54 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: *****

I consort with the vilest of thieves, and I am at home with depravity.  I'm into time travel and I reside at the centre of never.  Who am I?

Apart, we make no sense.  Together, we are one, but no longer enjoyable.  What are we?

If you break me, I don't stop working.  If you touch me, I may be ensnared.  If you lose me, nothing seems to matter.  What am I?

Boru

1. letter 'v'

3. heart
Well done!

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I know the first one. The letter "V."

ETA: Got ninja'd
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Quote:necroposting

On an old forum I was a member of, we called that "gravedigging". Necroposting just sounds weird. Undecided
(January 10, 2016 at 7:43 pm)Pony Wrote:
Quote:necroposting

On an old forum I was a member of, we called that "gravedigging". Necroposting just sounds weird.  Undecided

Whereas 'gravedigging' sounds like happy-jolly-fun time. Smile

Boru
Quote:Apart, we make no sense. Together, we are one, but no longer enjoyable. What are we?

Sarah Palin's legs.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(January 10, 2016 at 7:58 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(January 10, 2016 at 7:43 pm)Pony Wrote: On an old forum I was a member of, we called that "gravedigging". Necroposting just sounds weird.  Undecided

Whereas 'gravedigging' sounds like happy-jolly-fun time.  Smile

Boru

It does to me.
(January 10, 2016 at 8:03 pm)Stimbo Wrote:
Quote:Apart, we make no sense. Together, we are one, but no longer enjoyable. What are we?

Sarah Palin's legs.

Not bad. Not right, but not bad....

Boru
For the second one- Is it that riddle and its answer?
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Miracle. Born again, again. I'm no longer atheist. Fruity 29 6310 November 3, 2013 at 3:49 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  ITT: Riddles/Paradoxes Sejanus 22 3966 October 24, 2013 at 1:12 am
Last Post: Sejanus