Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 6:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The end of a long years work
The end of a long years work
I've made a video of the project me and some others have been working on over the last few months.

My contribution lies in the back end. I worked on timing, threading, state managing, input and the like.

[youtube]7nrXdPH35Bs[/youtube]
Hoi Zaeme.
RE: The end of a long years work
The game looks epic. I wanna play!

Here's the end result of my work this year (dissertation). http://adrianhayter.com/documents/dissertation.pdf
Looks a little like worms.

I liked worms

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(July 5, 2010 at 11:22 am)Rob Wrote: My contribution lies in the back end. I worked on timing, threading, state managing, input and the like.

Ok, you remade Liero from scratch? Why?
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
(July 7, 2010 at 4:05 pm)Jaysyn Wrote:
(July 5, 2010 at 11:22 am)Rob Wrote: My contribution lies in the back end. I worked on timing, threading, state managing, input and the like.

You quote the part where I say I had nothing to do with the design shortly before asking about the design? great plan.

In any case the answer is quite simple: We had no 3D artists, we liked worms, we liked castle crashers.
Therefore we made a game that was 2D, like worms and like castle crashers.
Hoi Zaeme.
That looks kick-ass rob, like worms on crack, with better imagery.

When is it due to be released?
(July 7, 2010 at 11:02 pm)Rob Wrote:
(July 7, 2010 at 4:05 pm)Jaysyn Wrote:

You quote the part where I say I had nothing to do with the design shortly before asking about the design? great plan.

In any case the answer is quite simple: We had no 3D artists, we liked worms, we liked castle crashers.
Therefore we made a game that was 2D, like worms and like castle crashers.

But why start from scratch when you've got an open source game that just needs the graphics & sound updated? Is this going to be a commercial game?
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
(July 8, 2010 at 9:32 am)Jaysyn Wrote: But why start from scratch when you've got an open source game that just needs the graphics & sound updated? Is this going to be a commercial game?

Ive had a brief look at that game now, I hadnt heard of it before you mentioned it. It looks almost nothing like this project. It only supports very old microsoft systems, and it isnt open source.

Even if it was open source and supported linux, three things would stop me using it.
1) we might have been thrown out of uni for plagerism.
2) I couldn't guarantee the quality of the existing code base
3) It wouldn't be our game anymore, it'd be someone else's.
Hoi Zaeme.