Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 5:18 pm

Poll: What does Kudos mean to you?
This poll is closed.
Agreement with the point of the post.
10.00%
3 10.00%
Enjoyment/approval of the experience of the post.
20.00%
6 20.00%
Neither of the above.
3.33%
1 3.33%
Both of the above.
53.33%
16 53.33%
Evie is best Turtle
13.33%
4 13.33%
Total 30 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What does Kudos mean to you?
What does Kudos mean to you?
If someone were to kudos your post, do you feel that that implies they agree or do you feel it implies they enjoyed reading your post?

Example 1: If I kudos a post that I strongly disagreed with but it didn't offend me and I enjoyed reading it would that be misleading?

Example 2: If I kudos a post that I strongly agreed with its primary point but I felt it was expressed in an offensive way and I didn't exactly enjoy reading it, would that be misleading?

Or neither?

Or do you feel that both liking/approving of/enjoying and also agreeing with the main point is required?
RE: What does Kudos mean to you?
I just think it means they enjoyed your post.

Quote:Or do you feel that both liking/approving of/enjoying and also agreeing with the main point is required?

You can enjoy a post without totally agreeing with it, so no.
Kudos is -everything-.   I alter my language, my posting habits, and the threads in which I post based on overall kudos count.  All of this in service of the ultimate goal...to finally overcome all other members of the board in kudos.  I've got most of you thoroughly under foot already.  Just a few more holdouts...like Min....but he has to die someday, amiright?  

Wink

-Now kudos this post.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(January 12, 2016 at 11:53 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Kudos is -everything-.   I alter my language, my posting habits, and the threads in which I post based on overall kudos count.  All of this in service of the ultimate goal...to finally overcome all other members of the board in kudos.  I've got most of you thoroughly under foot already.  Just a few more holdouts...like Min....but he has to die someday, amiright?  

Wink

-Now kudos this post.

Done. Angel
kudos = orgasm
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

2 more kudos and i get a free candy bar Tongue
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(January 12, 2016 at 11:53 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Kudos is -everything-.   I alter my language, my posting habits, and the threads in which I post based on overall kudos count.  All of this in service of the ultimate goal...to finally overcome all other members of the board in kudos.  I've got most of you thoroughly under foot already.  Just a few more holdouts...like Min....but he has to die someday, amiright?  

Wink

-Now kudos this post.

Yeabut, I'm younger than you Tongue
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
I use kudos for all kinds of positive post traits. For example, if a post was funny or insightful or informative or anything else positive. I'm reminded of the days of slashdot where posts could be +1ed in one or more of several categories.  Since we can't do that, the kudos can only mean that I had a positive experience while reading your post.
In addition to the above, I'll kudos a post that makes me think.

Lord knows that's a miracle.

You need an option for sometimes one and sometimes the other.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What does your username mean? vulcanlogician 46 2736 February 11, 2022 at 12:38 pm
Last Post: Divinity
  How many pages of "Kudos" do you have? Foxaèr 31 1392 December 17, 2020 at 9:17 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Have "likes" and "kudos" polarized our society? CapnAwesome 35 4327 January 4, 2018 at 6:36 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  What is it that makes people so mean on the internet? NuclearEnergy 9 1102 October 23, 2017 at 8:04 pm
Last Post: c172
  Let's play a kudos game called "the creationist 15" ErGingerbreadMandude 5 882 October 12, 2017 at 6:33 am
Last Post: chimp3
  So these rapists are... I mean these.... Brian37 43 8789 August 2, 2017 at 12:29 am
Last Post: Athene
  The Mean Arena The Valkyrie 27 4671 January 30, 2017 at 2:31 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  What Does/Does Not Offend You? BrianSoddingBoru4 51 6396 December 22, 2016 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Good intentions -- how much do they mean to you? Edwardo Piet 92 12529 October 3, 2016 at 4:00 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Kudos Excited Penguin 81 5928 July 17, 2016 at 6:07 pm
Last Post: account_inactive