Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 6:43 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jugglers/spinners?
Jugglers/spinners?
Are there any other people here really into prop manipulation? Whether it's juggling, spinning poi, other sort of hippy sports or whatever. I juggle most days at least a little bit. Recently I've gotten into mixing weird objects into my juggling, like ladles. Here is a quick video I made sampling 3 and 4 ball tricks, ladle juggling and quick runs of 5 balls.

[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
RE: Jugglers/spinners?
Yeh I learned to juggle at my friends house which was a bit of a hippy household.  I then learned to juggle clubs and I bought myself some fire clubs, they look pretty impressive. There's something hippies do in the city centre sometimes where they spin these things around on ropes, they look like they don't involve much skill to me.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

(January 24, 2016 at 9:06 pm)paulpablo Wrote: Yeh I learned to juggle at my friends house which was a bit of a hippy household.  I then learned to juggle clubs and I bought myself some fire clubs, they look pretty impressive.  There's something hippies do in the city centre sometimes where they spin these things around on ropes, they look like they don't involve much skill to me.

You are probably talking about poi. There are some really good poi spinners out there, even better when you add fire:

I was into sleight of hand tricks when I was a kid. I got pretty good at a few card production techniques and coin disappearances. The kids dig it.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
True story.
My girlfriend of 6 years got a job at the circus as the jugglers assistant.
She left me not long after. Apparently she preferred to juggle his....

Apparently he was able to juggle 8 things. It was supposed to be a big deal in the industry.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(January 24, 2016 at 11:08 pm)ignoramus Wrote: True story.
My girlfriend of 6 years got a job at the circus as the jugglers assistant.
She left me not long after. Apparently she preferred to juggle his....

Apparently he was able to juggle 8 things. It was supposed to be a big deal in the industry.

Oh man, one day if I'm good enough at juggling maybe I too can steal people's girlfriends.
(January 24, 2016 at 8:42 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: Are there any other people here really into prop manipulation? Whether it's juggling, spinning poi, other sort of hippy sports or whatever. I juggle most days at least a little bit. Recently I've gotten into mixing weird objects into my juggling, like ladles. Here is a quick video I made sampling 3 and 4 ball tricks, ladle juggling and quick runs of 5 balls.

I read the bolded as "like ladies" and was like whaaaaaaat
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
(January 25, 2016 at 1:55 pm)TheRealJoeFish Wrote:
(January 24, 2016 at 8:42 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: Are there any other people here really into prop manipulation? Whether it's juggling, spinning poi, other sort of hippy sports or whatever. I juggle most days at least a little bit. Recently I've gotten into mixing weird objects into my juggling, like ladles. Here is a quick video I made sampling 3 and 4 ball tricks, ladle juggling and quick runs of 5 balls.

I read the bolded as "like ladies" and was like whaaaaaaat

I juggle ladies too...