Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 9:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you hide lengthy blocks of text?
Question 
How do you hide lengthy blocks of text?
I feel a bit stupid for having to ask this when it seems every idiot here has it figured out, but I have tried all the editing options, searched the forum, and googled how to hide text too of course. My old friend the slash and star enclosure isn't getting me results either - something which others have and I don't seem to are a means of producing a button to display what some may be interested in, but most would avoid having to scroll through, and I would like very much to be able to do that too. So what is it that I'm missing (or overlooked)?
Mr. Hanky loves you!
RE: How do you hide lengthy blocks of text?
Type [/hide] at end of text and [hide] at beginning of text.
I am John Cena's hip-hop album.
[ hide ]hide[ / hide ] without the spaces will show you this:

(January 26, 2016 at 2:09 pm)ApeNotKillApe Wrote: Type [/hide] at end of text and [hide] at beginning of text.

Thanks! Guess sometimes it's the answer which appears much too obvious!
Mr. Hanky loves you!
(January 26, 2016 at 2:12 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote: [ hide ]hide[ / hide ] without the spaces will show you this:

Thanks!

How would you nest hidden text (i.e. a big, fat wall of text which includes other blocks of hidden text)? I've had difficulty making an attempt at this perform. I did make sure I had my quote bubble hierarchy correct for the enclosing

commands, and still this was ignored by the preview system.
Mr. Hanky loves you!
Lighter fluid and brass knuckles?
Ugh, that didn't come out as I intended! When I don't want it to hide text the brackets do that, when I do need it to...
Mr. Hanky loves you!
Besides the hide tag, you can also use the spoiler tag. It behaves a lot like the hide tag, but can be inserted inside a hide tag (or vice-versa).
You can't nest them for more than one level each, so two levels in total.
Example:

(January 26, 2016 at 5:04 pm)!!Tpocaracas Wrote: Besides the hide tag, you can also use the spoiler tag. It behaves a lot like the hide tag, but can be inserted inside a hide tag (or vice-versa).
You can't nest them for more than one level each, so two levels in total.
Example:

Thank you!
Mr. Hanky loves you!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to hide previous username? DarkFalz555 5 1460 November 17, 2017 at 1:31 am
Last Post: Losty
  Hide Function Fred Hampton 20 4257 March 27, 2017 at 4:49 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Let's improve quoted text... Aractus 10 1917 August 5, 2016 at 7:11 am
Last Post: Iroscato
  pictures inside hide + url tags not showing Angrboda 6 2338 September 20, 2015 at 6:32 pm
Last Post: c172
  [Suggestion] Hide tags or trim long quotes Aoi Magi 4 1894 July 6, 2015 at 11:02 am
Last Post: Exian
  Sacred Text Forum Theoretical Skeptic 11 2510 May 3, 2015 at 10:10 am
Last Post: Theoretical Skeptic
  hide content feature watchamadoodle 11 2654 February 27, 2015 at 3:46 am
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Hide tags button? Clueless Morgan 22 5241 November 6, 2014 at 1:13 am
Last Post: Jenny A
  Help With Text Size neilmarr 4 2723 September 3, 2012 at 2:04 am
Last Post: neilmarr
  The last third of the reply text box is cut off Fred 6 2517 September 7, 2011 at 3:10 am
Last Post: fr0d0