Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 9:55 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Social network experiment
Social network experiment
I noticed i wasted a lot of time on facebook so i decided to quit for awhile doing so i completely cured my FB addiction 
what i noticed when i finally went back it's a very boring site and  i realized that. Looking at it on a basic level the
algorithms on facebook only really draw you in using their cookie to show you relevant things you like. When  i wen't
back on facebook for a good not even 10  minutes i looked it only to check up on this game that was in development
looked at my friends and families posts and just left.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
RE: Social network experiment
I deleted my Facebook account permanently a couple of weeks ago. Never used my real name on the site anyway or uploaded any pictures of me. It's literally the shittest social network ever.
(January 27, 2016 at 9:48 pm)Bella Morte Wrote: I deleted my Facebook account permanently a couple of weeks ago. Never used my real name on the site anyway or uploaded any pictures of me. It's literally the shittest social network ever.

I agree for a website that was stolen it's a piece of shit and is going the way of myspace.

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
1 month and deleted. Didn't want to know how much you loved yourself.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(January 27, 2016 at 9:57 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: 1 month and deleted. Didn't want to know how much you loved yourself.
facebook is.. well.. err.. not a good site.

Code:
I left Facebook. Returned after two years, spent a couple months there and realized I hated the place. Left again, and have not been back since.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(January 27, 2016 at 9:48 pm)Bella Morte Wrote: I deleted my Facebook account permanently a couple of weeks ago. Never used my real name on the site anyway or uploaded any pictures of me. It's literally the shittest social network ever.

You must be unsociable then! How else to explain?   Shy
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
I love Facebook.

I don't use it like most people. I like seeing pictures of my nieces and nephews, catching up with high school/college friends. It's a good way to keep in touch with distant relatives that I would normally have no contact with.

And I get to see pictures of Beccs.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
I like FB, but no longer spend a lot of time on it like I used to. Staying in touch with friends and family that you don't see often anymore, is a great thing...but, some of my friends post their drama, etc...and I don't like that aspect of it. But, it's all in how you use it.
(January 28, 2016 at 5:29 am)SteelCurtain Wrote: I love Facebook.

I don't use it like most people. I like seeing pictures of my nieces and nephews, catching up with high school/college friends. It's a good way to keep in touch with distant relatives that I would normally have no contact with.

Annnnnd 15 years ago...

I love e-mail.

Angel
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Social Media Foxaèr 3 475 September 30, 2023 at 5:11 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Seeing "Hidden Network" on my wi fi list. Brian37 15 1682 May 2, 2022 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  I no longer accept social distancing. onlinebiker 11 1216 April 13, 2021 at 10:49 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  There's social distancing, and then there's SOCIAL DISTANCING!!!!! Gawdzilla Sama 8 784 March 24, 2020 at 10:53 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  [Serious] A thought experiment... Gawdzilla Sama 12 968 October 22, 2019 at 12:23 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Ya knooow, Monica smells; oh ma gosh!: implicit hate and grudge in social life WinterHold 10 1436 July 20, 2018 at 5:12 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Social media and sexual harrasment GODZILLA 40 5440 July 5, 2018 at 11:34 pm
Last Post: paulpablo
  How would you respond? (A social experiment) Foxaèr 53 5720 March 24, 2018 at 2:31 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Atheism may be contributing to my social isolation Alexmahone 10 1603 March 17, 2018 at 11:10 pm
Last Post: AFTT47
  How Social Media Is Dumbing Down Our Society Foxaèr 5 2199 July 17, 2017 at 10:31 am
Last Post: Aroura