Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 11:24 pm

Poll: .
This poll is closed.
MEANER on the forum
21.15%
11 21.15%
NICER on the forum
7.69%
4 7.69%
About the same...
71.15%
37 71.15%
Total 52 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your self in real life vs on AF
Your self in real life vs on AF
Good evening, heathenoids. 

The poll question is, "What are you like in real life, compared to how you are on these forums?" This is in reference of course, to how you talk to people.

Please feel free to explain your answer.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
RE: Your self in real life vs on AF
Not sure how to answer this.
(February 1, 2016 at 8:27 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote: Not sure how to answer this.

Why?
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
I prefer to remain an enigma.
Heathenoids?   LOL!!!    ROFLOL

I'm meaner.  In real life, I have to bite my tongue ALL the time just to keep my jobs.  So I only get to THINK "what a bunch o' crap" instead of actually saying it.  Here I get to tell the asshole preechers that I think they're full of it.
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
(February 1, 2016 at 8:32 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote: I prefer to remain an enigma.

Oh come on EP. Open up to us a little bit.  Smile

-walsh
I swear less online.
Dying to live, living to die.
(February 1, 2016 at 8:32 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote: I prefer to remain an enigma.

An enema?

Tongue
(February 1, 2016 at 8:34 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: I swear less online.

I do too, actually. But I think that's really just because I only swear when I'm talking to people I'm close with. I don't just blurt it out in front of anyone.

-walsh
(February 1, 2016 at 8:36 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote:
(February 1, 2016 at 8:34 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: I swear less online.

I do too, actually. But I think that's really just because I only swear when I'm talking to people I'm close with. I don't just blurt it out in front of anyone.

I do, except patients and in a professional situations.

My colleagues have learned that if I'm swearing my head off and kicking the shit out of a punching bag in the gym, they need to turn and walk away.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What (in your society) is a 'real man'? FrustratedFool 87 4058 October 27, 2023 at 3:37 pm
Last Post: energizer bunny
  Tunnel Vision, looking for the real life location. Brian37 6 518 June 9, 2021 at 12:40 am
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Of Jeopardy/Whoopi Goldberg and real life. Brian37 2 678 April 23, 2020 at 11:38 am
Last Post: Brian37
  The very best day of your life? Cod 37 3404 December 10, 2018 at 7:19 am
Last Post: Cod
  Self entitled meaningless rant. Brian37 4 751 October 22, 2018 at 12:44 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Guiding Thought for My Life: Think Your Own Thoughts Rhondazvous 3 1129 April 3, 2018 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  How can you succeed in your life? KarlFedren 21 1532 March 7, 2018 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  What was the best year of your life? ƵenKlassen 30 3957 November 14, 2017 at 4:02 am
Last Post: KevinM1
  What was the worst year of your life? ƵenKlassen 21 1838 November 14, 2017 at 12:00 am
Last Post: Haipule
  What would you do if you could remember every single moment in your life? c172 11 2460 October 13, 2017 at 5:46 pm
Last Post: vorlon13